cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone cancelled wrong contract without consent!

ozngnr
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

Back in November I bought a new pay monthly contract with Vodafone. As my old contract had already ended I wanted to transfer my phone number to the new contract but I was told this wasn't possible as I needed to swap to pay as you go first. After 30 days they swapped the new contract to pay as you go instead of the old one!! 

I tried to contact the customer service to ask how this happened and told them I was concerned about a final bill that I would be charged as I still had 23 months on my contract but no one could find an early termination fee in my account and I was advised to keep using my phone as pay as you go or sign a new sim only contract if I wanted to go back to pay monthly. 

A few weeks ago I received a letter from a dept collection agency asking me to pay £699 for a bill that I hadn't payed which I didn't even know it existed. Upon speaking with the complaints team about the issue I was told it all would be fine if go back to pay monthly and they would waive the fee and transferred me to the collections team. I spent hours on the phone to one of the advisers to explain the situation but she disconnected my line instead of trying to solve the problem!!!

Now I can't use my phone, I have a dept collection agency chasing me to pay a bill that I was charged because of Vodafone's fault and this affecting my credit rating too!

I've been with Vodafone for many years and I haven't missed any payments in my life. Especially during these tough times, the situation you put your loyal customers in is totally unacceptable! I also talked to your online team and was told I would be contacted by your concerns team but no one phoned back!

Please advise what what I should do next???

0 REPLIES 0