Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone connect router DHCP settings

mattman
4: Newbie

I have posted this into off topic as I can not see any reference to Vodafone Home phone and Broadband.

I have install the router and all is working but there one thing that is missing from the setting of the VDSL router that being a function to turn off DHCP, I have for the pasted 10 year had my own network running at home with a fully working server that is my DHCP & DNS server but for the first time in history I have just sign up for 18 month and got a bloody router that has no function in the GUI settings pages to turn OFF the DHCP server. So for now I will have to wait for 18 months before I can change ISP. thanks vodafone tech team for missing this one. If there is anyone out there that can offer me a firmware update to give me the function to turn OFF DHCP then please post it.

602 REPLIES 602

The forum software won't allow me to post it. However have a quick google for ceoemail and you'll find it on there.

Had my service installed today using the HG612 modem and my firewall sync at 79987 max attainable is 105 way more than PlusNet I was getting 70 sync with 65 throughput lets home it now stays this way over the next 10 days as DLM kicks in.HG612Vodafone.JPG

brutos08
Like @Alexus says you need a valid reason to use your own router mine was Its an absolute much to have a vpn to my office as i work in IT so that was definitely needed so i got my details and my service still isn't installed yet

@Brutus08

I was told 2 weeks ago that senior management have made an official statement that PPPoE details will not be given out under any circumstances. So how did you get those details only last week??

arcticicecool
I got mine via live chat, simple copy and paste.
Sharing to keep optimism up with those struggling to get theirs.

Arcticicecool - do tell when this was as I am told they no longer provide this detail. 

I have been out of the country for the last ten days or so and will re-engage the issue later this week - your reply will help the cause. 

arcticicecool
A couple of months ago now, I posted about it in this thread

I think things have moved on now. This does not prevent me from making a formal complaint!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have decided to move on from Vodafone. Despite having a copy of a chat transcript where I was told I could use my own router, I was later denied the login details. I spoke to a couple of people and finally to someone called a supervisor who said there was no way they were giving out details. He admitted there was nothing in the ts&cs and that some had been given their details, but the clear policy is now to stop it. He encouraged me to write a complaint. Maybe that is the best way forward, if enough people do it, but I have had enough with this which has come on top of billing issues from their side. I wish everyone well.

Carly
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Anonymous

Sorry to hear you're leaving us.

We're unable to advise any further on this, the routers are set up as they are and can't be changed. Although the Broadband team are aware of the issue, so thanks for feeding this back to us.