Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone connect router DHCP settings

mattman
4: Newbie

I have posted this into off topic as I can not see any reference to Vodafone Home phone and Broadband.

I have install the router and all is working but there one thing that is missing from the setting of the VDSL router that being a function to turn off DHCP, I have for the pasted 10 year had my own network running at home with a fully working server that is my DHCP & DNS server but for the first time in history I have just sign up for 18 month and got a bloody router that has no function in the GUI settings pages to turn OFF the DHCP server. So for now I will have to wait for 18 months before I can change ISP. thanks vodafone tech team for missing this one. If there is anyone out there that can offer me a firmware update to give me the function to turn OFF DHCP then please post it.

602 REPLIES 602

brutos08
@Carly Very patronising stating the balant obvious Vodafone will suffer from customers leaving after they realise how absolutely rubbish the Vodafone router is.

Hi all

I am thinking of getting VF fibre and after reading about them not allowing us to use our own equipment thought i'd ask them.

Here is the transcript from the online chat.

I also called them and have a recording of the agent telling me that they would provide me with the username and password to use my own equipment.

General Info
Chat start time Jan 29, 2017 8:53:44 AM EST
Chat end time Jan 29, 2017 9:02:07 AM EST
Duration (actual chatting time) 00:08:22
Operator Summer

Chat Transcript
info: Sorry for the delay, we are currently experiencing high volumes. Please hold for the next available adviser.
info: You're now chatting with Summer.
Summer: Hi Jon :Smiling:
Welcome to Vodafone broadband!
How are you today?

Jon: Good thanks
Summer:
Glad to hear that!
How may I assist you with Vodafone broadband deals today?

Jon: Can I use my VDSL modem with Vodafone broad band ?
Summer:
Yes, you will be able to use it with Vodafone broadband.

Jon: So you would provide the pppoe user name and password ?
Summer:
That's right.

Jon: That's great. I read that you didn't allow 3rd party routers so that's good news.
Summer:
Please don't worry, you will be able to use it.

Jon: Thanks summer.
Summer:
You're welcome!
When are you planning to order the deal?

Jon: My current contact is up next month so I'm getting quotes
Jon: Thanks for tor help today.
Summer:
Oh okay, please feel free to ask if you've any other query regarding Vodafone broadband services. I will be glad to assist you with them.

Jon: Cheers
Summer:
It was my pleasure assisting you! :Smiling:

Summer:
Have a great time ahead!

Jon: Bye
Summer:
Cheers!

info: Thanks for chatting with us.

Question:

Do you think 'Summer' will be around longer than 72 hours to back you up?  Not a chance - it's a rotating door at the Vodafone call centre.

Don't get your hopes up of anything other than useless hardware and very limited technical support from Vodafone.  Work with what you know, not what you hope for.

SeanC1966
I imagine Summer will be put forward for re-training now you have shown that she is giving out incorrect information.

Nothing else will change.

brutos08
I can assure you that you won't be getting it so I suggest you look esle where

thats sux :Sad_face:

they are the cheapest and as i can't get high speed then no point paying extra.

Next down is EE and they say you can use your own equipment to so fingers crossed thats not a load of rubbish.

Cheers

machare
13: Advanced Member

@bofh5.  I quite agree about the pricing.  You could try asking for a Deadlock letter and then reporting them to Ofcom.  If you are successful, I am sure many of the Vodafone customers would be delighted.

Its very tempting considering the phonecall recording and chat transcript but i'm going to be working from home full time next month so can't risk it.

Sorry VF customers 😕 

Heh.  So Vodafone haven't stopped lying to get customers to sign up then?

Can Carly explain why Vodafone are lying to customers?

*expects silence*

@displaced,

Carly will suggest you contact a non working link