Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone entertainment won’t register

Pebbleheed
2: Seeker

Hi,

just moved to Vodafone and not overly impressed so far. 

I’m trying to activate my free Spotify premium subscription. I tried when I first joined Vodafone but it said my pro subscription was active - I was paying for this so I cancelled it with Spotify. 

Once my paid for subscription ended I tried to set up my free one again. 

I receive a request for my number. I put it in. I get a pin to confirm my ID on the Vodafone website and make sure my phone number is correct. I put that in. All is accepted. Then it loads the Vodafone website but it fails here. 

I get a spinning vodafone logo and it won’t go any further. Nothing happens. 

I tried the online chat but they just sent me instructions on how to set it up. I already have that. The problem is it’s not working. 

Picture attached of what I see. 

Any ideas please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I managed to fix it myself. 

Seems the issue for me was a caching issue. 

I removed the vodafone app permissions from Spotify, via the website. 

I opened up my browser in private mode. Pasted the URL in and it worked perfectly fine. Private mode doesn’t use the cookies or cache from previous attempts. 

I got a server error the first time. I clicked retry it worked perfectly fine. 

Seems my my issue was that after it failed it left cookies and information on my browser that stopped it working after that. 

View solution in original position

5 REPLIES 5

TAP

I did an upgrade to Red Ent plan last monday and amazon prime app add on still not registering, "server error"

No one can help you here sadly, you will have to ring vodafone complaints on 03333041524

I will be ringing them tomorrow for compensation as  waiting more than a week for them to simply add an entertainment pack is not acceptable.

I managed to fix it myself. 

Seems the issue for me was a caching issue. 

I removed the vodafone app permissions from Spotify, via the website. 

I opened up my browser in private mode. Pasted the URL in and it worked perfectly fine. Private mode doesn’t use the cookies or cache from previous attempts. 

I got a server error the first time. I clicked retry it worked perfectly fine. 

Seems my my issue was that after it failed it left cookies and information on my browser that stopped it working after that. 

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry to hear you're still having difficulty accessing your entertainment pack @TAP. I can see we've replied to your earlier post with information on how to contact us. If you've emailed us through the link in the private message I sent, please let us know the case ref (looks like [#11234567]) from the auto response you received.

I have filled out the form twice but heard nothing, ( 2 different support reps)

My issue is still not sorted, i was promised a call back today which did not happen

Amazon prime still coming up with server down message when i try and add it.. since i upgraded on 3rd

I cannot see any auto response in my email, checked junk folder.

I will be ringing Vodafone complaints line tomorrow as i believe i have been more than patient thus far and want this resolved tomorrow.I am just going round in circles with technical support saying exact same things  to me, none of which work.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@TAP I've just sent you a new private message with an alternate contact method, apologies for any inconvenience caused.