cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone have changed my account details.

Donein
4: Newbie

I was contacted by vodafone (a verified vodafone number) on Monday, I missed the call and did not speak to anyone.

A few minutes later, I got a text and an email from vodafone saying my email address had been changed, and if I didn't request it, I should contact the fraud team, which I did. They promised to look into it and would let me know what happened. My "response" was a text that nothing had happened, everything was fine but I could contact customer service for more information.

I contacted customer service yesterday to find out more and after giving my name and number, they told me I didn't have an account. Checked the info and was again told, no account. Gave post code......no account.

Having been in contact with vodafone many times recently and using the same details, which had worked and cleared security every time, I am very concerned.

Luckily🙄 , due to an ongoing complaint I had my account number, which after an hour finally brought up my account. While trying to clear security the advisor said they couldn't authenticate using my memorable word as I didn't have one. I did have one, that word has been on my account for years, I have used it and I have never asked for it to be changed or removed. 

That these problems didn't start happening until after the contact on Monday, suggests whoever had been in my account that day, for some reason, had altered details, without permission. 

I do hope to get a full explanation from vodafone, because anything less, will force me to contact the Information Commissioners Office.

This is posted as a record of my issues and a warning to others,

6 REPLIES 6

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey there @Donein, I can appreciate how worrying and frustrating this must've been and still is! We certainly want to get your account checked to make sure everything is as it should be for you - Could you drop us a message on social media here so we can have a look and see what's what?

Make sure to add a link to this thread in your message and your mobile/account number please 😊

Is that the same Evie, that gave me the exact same message, about a different issue on a different thread? And didn't respond when I replied? 👀

I do feel rather puzzled that you suggested I get in contact to check my account, after my post explains that I had done this and was assured everything was fine......right up until it took an hour and many denials by vodafone that it even existed to find my account, and then discover that my information had been changed.

I have asked for and am waiting for a call back to explain why and how this has happened.

I am posting this as a public record of the whole issue. I do this as having experienced and seen the appalling records or should I say lack of, kept by advisors and managers at vodafone, it seems like a sensible thing to do, and where better than this forum. I find it incredibly disappointing that having dealt with, and been let down by vodafone so many times, that I feel the need to record every interaction.

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Interestingly, there's another thread from someone who was trying to upgrade and have trouble accesing their account (Live Chat were able to do it, though).  It looks as though there there may have been a back-end issue.   Are you still unable to access your account, or has this resolved itself?

I contacted vodafone at their request after receiving their fraud warning communications. It is them that couldn't access my account, it was them that denied that my account existed. So I'm unsure why you asked about my access.

If you mean have I contacted vodafone to see if the same thing happens again, no I haven't, yet. I know I need to,  but the thought of spending another few hours, trying to explain things and being consistently misunderstood so they can reduce it down to a single issue that bares no relation to what you said. Is just too depressing.

If you mean can I log into my account, no to that as well. I tried to sort that out a while back, was told to wait 48 hours for everything to sort itself out, and then it would be fine. It wasn't, and again, the thought of yet more meaningless apologies and promises, and the instructions to repeat exactly the same things "that will work this time" is off putting.

Forgive me being a little short about my interactions with vodafone, I have probably spent 40 hours in the last 3 months trying to sort out my issues. Its got me precisely nowhere, and has actually caused problems.

I hope that the promised callback will happen, and that someone will give me an explanation that I am satisfied with, honestly I don't think that will happen, so at least I will have something to forward on to the ICO.

Update.....or not.

I have asked for and been assured that I will get a call back by the fraud team 4 times since my initial post, by various advisors and managers. Those call backs are guaranteed to happen within 48-72 hours.

Its now day 8 and I have yet to receive any form of communication from them.

I just don't understand why vodafone tell you to report any changes on your account information that you haven't made, invite you to contact them for more information about what has happened, then completely ignore you when you do. I'm sure the ICO (Information Commissioners Office) will have better luck, when I escalate this. It's just such a shame that this will be the only way to get any sort of explanation from vodafone and that they have forced me to do this.

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I'm disappointed to hear that that call back that never happened @Donein, I can appreciate how frustrating this must be getting at this point! 

I'm sorry if I am repeating myself, but for us to check anything on your account (previous notes, call back records and fraud team interaction) we would need you to contact us over social media here. If you have already done this and are awaiting a response from us, please pass over the Facebook/Twitter handle and I'll locate the message.