Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone is not blacklisting my phone.

jamie399
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

My phone was lost over a month ago while working in China. Vodafone were contacted within 24 hours asking for proof of purchase and a request to blacklist the phone. Upon my return from China the insurers informed me that they have all the evidence to process the claim except that the phone was still not blacklisted. Over the last two weeks, several calls lasting for over 1hr each with customer service advisers have been to no avail and the phone is still to be blacklisted. A call just a few hours ago was met with an adviser yet again claiming that the phone was blacklisted. Easily validating on an online IMEI blacklist checker it was proven quickly that this was another lie. One cannot argue that this is a misunderstanding as verification only takes a minute for an individual with  substandard IT skills. Posting in this forum is my last attempt to converse with Vodafone so the matter can be resolved. I have currently reached a dead end with Vodafone and my only other option now is file a complaint with Ofcom. I have to fly to university next week to commence a new year and right now I am going to have to depart without a mobile phone. The apparent refusal to blacklist a phone upon request is tantamount to abetting criminals and should not be tolerated at any credible mobile services provider. 

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

If the agents systems are showing the phones imei number as blocked then there's something glitching along the way. 

Are you using Checkmend which imo is one of the best. 

We have a Vodafone Social Media Team here who read all posts and have access to look at accounts and account notes. Let them catch up with your thread and help. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Yes CheckMEND along with several other services have told me that the phone has never been blacklisted. If it is a glitch, this has happened on the 1st of August and 3 subsequent occassions in the last month when I have asked to blacklist the phone. 

BandOfBrothers

@jamie399 wrote:

Yes CheckMEND along with several other services have told me that the phone has never been blacklisted. If it is a glitch, this has happened on the 1st of August and 3 subsequent occassions in the last month when I have asked to blacklist the phone. 

Ok @jamie399

Then as your various previous contact with customer services have not resolved your issue please let the team here catch up with your post as I mentioned in my 1st post. 

I wish you all the best with this unfortunate situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@jamie399 If you still need help with getting the phone blacklisted/proof of this, we'd be happy to help out 🙂

I'll just need you to contact us directly, using the link in the private message I've just sent to your inbox. 

A member of the team will then be in touch.