cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone lost and found cannot block an IMEI number?!

PGarrott
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi guys bit of a weird one, been bounced around vodafone lost and found (call centre) for hours - they for some reason cannot find a connection between my sim and an IMEI number (despite several thousand calls being made on that handset over 4 months).

I need the IMEI to be barred to complete an insurance claim and only Vfone can do this, and yet they have somehow lost the records of me using this phone on their service for months (some of this internationally where they made a pretty penny!).

Any help would be great because i'm one more ##~## up away from taking this to the Financial Services Ombudsman.

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @PGarrott

They should be able to imei bar the phone as long as the phones been used on the network and there hasn't been an extended period of time it's not been used. 

We do have a Vodafone Social Media Team here who maybe able to help once they've caught up with your thread.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Do you have thge IMEI to give them? It is usually printed on the box, or are Vodafone insisting on seeing it in their database?

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

This is strange @PGarrott, I'm sure we'll be able to blacklist this phone for you. As we'll need access to your account to look into this, please contact us send us by following the instructions in the private message I've sent you.