Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone lost my phone in transit for repair

ramayer
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

HI folks I sent my blackberrry priv for repair on 20th November they said i would have it back withing 5 days at the store, after 7 days there was no update online so i called and they told me it was lost in transit and a new phone would be offered within 24hrs, after no call i rang back over 24hrs later the person who took the call said their was no record of the previous calls details only that i had made the call. I was told they had to speak to the store the phone was sent to before issuing a replacment phone. 

I called the next day to check progress and they still hadnt even spoke to the store, so its now 12 days since i have had a phone and i am very concerned the data on my missing phone maybe have been compromised.

The whole episode has been awfull from start to finish from the 40min wait in store to drop the phone off to the ridiculous lies and mis information on the customer support lines.

Does anyone have an idea of what action I can take ftom here?

many thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Its understandable that Vodafone will need to investigate what a happened to verify the loss and to probably put in place further checks to stop this happening again @ramayer

That said its you that's being inconvenienced so any such investigation should have minimal impact on you. 

Please let the Social Media Team here who read all posts catch up with your post and I'm.sure they'll help you with this situation if they can. 

If this continues then I'd suggest to lodge a complaint via the online form > Here.

Any discussions with you should be on your account notes. If necessary you can request a copy for the cost of £10. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Do you think i have a case to cancel my contact here?

BandOfBrothers

@ramayer wrote:

Do you think i have a case to cancel my contact here?

I’d have to say No.

The phone isn’t connected to the contract term. 

Its a perk of having a full Pay Monthly Contract. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @ramayer

Where a mobile phone contract is concerned, it will be for airtime only, you can put the SIM in any phone and still carry on receiving a service, the handset has no bearing on the airtime contract.  This is something Vodafone and other networks are specific about in the Terms and Conditions.

Give the Team on the forum time to get to the thread, they will be able to find out exactly what has happened to the phone you took for repair and take the appropriate action.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ramayer - I wouldn’t be happy with what’s happened either and I’m sorry it’s taking so long to get resolved.

We can investigate this further for you. Please send us your details by following the instructions in this private message.

MAW_17
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I am currently facing the same issue. 

I am been offered all sort of promises for call back, their quality assurance team for call quality would have a field day if they listen to those calls. I have been trying to get an answer for the last 3 days, its absolutely appalling, from agents to team leaders,  technical team to something known as Higher technical team, all giving assurance for call backs but nothing happened. 

The only thing that will happen like you said, they need to fill lost in transit form and as per the last person it can take up to a month for this investigation. This network is absolute shambles in customer service.