Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone mobile web adult/ mature site redirected content block bar off

rio_w
4: Newbie

I've spoken with Vodafone support twice regarding being redirected to  http://www.vodafone.co.uk/about-this-site/sitemap/index.htm whenever I try to access dating/mature sites from my phones cellular web contection. They have turned on and the turned off the content bar each time and asked me to do a soft reset, I still have the problem,  I am assuming there is a problem with your(Vodafones) DNS servers. On my iPhone's Safari browser I get the cannot "Verify Server Identity Certificate" pop up, even though I select trust I'm still redirected. Ive tried a different browser and also put my sim in an android phone, the issue still persists. I hope someone can please help me on the forum with the issue.

46 REPLIES 46

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @rio_w

Unfortunately your not alone with this issue as others have also reported this issue too. 

Vodafone are aware of this Content Control hiccup. 

We have a Vodafone Team here who read all posts and engage where they can to help. Please let them catch up with your post. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @rio_w

It might be worth checking your online account.  Under services and extras > bars and data alerts, you have the age restriction bar.  This should be marked as off.

Hi @AnnS  

I have already check my online account including a support rep twice as I've mentioned in my first post.  That isn't the issue, but thanks anyway for your interest.

ChazzD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@rio_w

Our IT team are aware of this issue and are working on resolving it.

A fix has now been put in place and everything should be sorted for any customers affected as soon as possible.

Apologies for any inconvenience. 

Hi,

I'm also having this problem.  Could you please confirm if the fix has been applied?

DaneB
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@wjoyce

As @ChazzD mwentioned yesterday, a fix has been put in place now.

Let us know if there's anything else we can do.

@Dane_B it isn't fixed.  I'm still diverted to the Vodafone site map.

@Dane_B It's still redirecting me to site map. Is there a time frame as the when this will be resolved? 

Sarah_T
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@rio_w

Whilst we're still awaiting a precise time frame for this to be fully resolved, we're working as quickly as we can to make this so.

We appreciate your patience.