Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone mobile web adult/ mature site redirected content block bar off

rio_w
4: Newbie

I've spoken with Vodafone support twice regarding being redirected to  http://www.vodafone.co.uk/about-this-site/sitemap/index.htm whenever I try to access dating/mature sites from my phones cellular web contection. They have turned on and the turned off the content bar each time and asked me to do a soft reset, I still have the problem,  I am assuming there is a problem with your(Vodafones) DNS servers. On my iPhone's Safari browser I get the cannot "Verify Server Identity Certificate" pop up, even though I select trust I'm still redirected. Ive tried a different browser and also put my sim in an android phone, the issue still persists. I hope someone can please help me on the forum with the issue.

46 REPLIES 46

I've had this issue since joining. I've spoke to at least 7 different customer service reps, and pretty much told different things by all of them. 3 separate chat reps told me that none of the sliders on the website do anything - they pretend to work but settings can only be changed by reps! Now I am pretty worried that the data caps I enabled also don't work, but obviously that's harder to test than the adult bar. Can anyone confirm that this issue is only affecting the adult bar, as opposed to all settings?

So far I received many text messages confirming the bar is on/off, reps have "reset" my account, some say there is a problem with my account (so far nobody mentioned that this is a general Vodafone problem...), most say there is nothing wrong and blindly offer to remove the bar/enable caps that are already removed/enabled. Vodafone's Twitter team also had me going around in circles trying the same things over and over.

@Dane_B I did notice a change yesterday - the slider for the adult bar was replaced with a button that said something like "remove bar". This linked through to a page to do age verification via zero cost card payment. The process which followed gave an error message, followed by a blank page. Trying again seemed to show the card saved on my account, and gave a blank page and a success message if I recall correctly. My card company said that nothing had been denied - two payments of zero to Vodafone and Experian. I can't now find where this card is stored in settings. The "remove bar" button is gone, replaced with the slider - set to "OFF". However, I am still redirected to the Vodafone site map as others have mentioned. So it still appears to be broken.

ChazzD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@sambe

This issue isn't affecting the data cap. You can make sure the data cap is enabled in your My Vodafone app.

With regards to the content control problem, as advised previously in the thread our Technical team have now put a fix in place. They're working daily to resolve the issue for any customers who're affected by this. We don't have a timescale as to when it'll be resolved, however rest assured we're working to sort it out as soon as possible. 

I am also having exactly the same issue as reported by other users; I am a new VF customer & I have turned off the age restricted content bar ftom my account & have received both email & text confirmation of the same.  I too had to pay £0.00 to VF on a card that proved my age, so not sure what the problem is?  Please can this be resolved ASAP

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@nsk0104 - Our Technical team have put a fix in place and are working daily to resolve the issue for any affected customers.

We don't have a timescale to provide, however we're working to get this sorted as quickly as possible. 

Will I be told when the issue has been resolved? 

It's been resolved for me

ChazzD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@nsk0104

Please just keep checking daily to see if it's been resolved for yourself.

As the fix has now been put in place, the issue should be sorted for any customers affected shortly. 

I've just checked and I'm still having the same problems, so this hasn't been fixed for me yet

Still not fixed

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@nsk0104 As previously advised by @Jenny:

@Jenny wrote:

@nsk0104 - Our Technical team have put a fix in place and are working daily to resolve the issue for any affected customers.

We don't have a timescale to provide, however we're working to get this sorted as quickly as possible.