Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone not honouring Black Friday deal through third parties

Rents78
4: Newbie

I got a black Friday deal with @buymobiles_help. Today they told me @VodafoneUK declined my application. I called Vodafone and they said it's because I'm already a customer. I did select the "already Vodafone Customer" Flag when putting the request in. 

Clearly I would have asked to switch from my current number to the new one.  Clearly those great offers are mainly to attract new customers. But I have read on here of many already with Vodafone who got a new contract setup with another number. 

After some arguing the Vodafone operator hung up on me. That's just not nice. also kept calling me "mate" in a patronising way.

Looks like you lost a customer Vodafone.

12 REPLIES 12

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Rents78

Have you raised this with the third party dealer? 

You are a buymobiles customer and the Black Friday offer was promised by them and not Vodafone direct and they need to honour their discount promise.   Providing you are taking a new contract with a new number, the offer should stand.

BandOfBrothers

From what I know Vodafone are happy to have people with different contracts. 

Many have a couple and so do people on Vodafone business accounts. 

Vodafone could decline a person if they hadn't say conducted their account in an orderly manner by missing payments etc - I'm not saying you have.  :Smiling:

Or for some reason a credit search has highlighted something.

It's not good that the call was ended on you unless the agent gave all the info they could give and thus assumed that was the end of the conversation or for some reason the call failed. 

You would need to speak with the 3rd party to see if they can help or look at opening up another line directly with Vodafone although its not guaranteed they'd match any independents deals. 

It's always nice to get a deal or freebie so I wish you well with your situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

In my case I checked my Experian, Equifax and Call Credit scores, and it was very high. Furthermore I did not find any "search" under my name submitted by anyone on behalf of Vodafone.
I think it essentially boiled down to an IT issue with Buymobiles.net, who just blamed Vodafone and perhaps Vodafone never received it.

This is how I see the situation.

But Vodafone did a terrible job at explaining the situation. That first agent I spoke to who hung up on me, did not even check my account and came out straight with his story that there was nothing they could do and that black friday was over.

KirstyLou22
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Exactly the same experience with Mobile Phones Direct. Can’t seem to get a response from Vodafone or Mobile phones direct. There are no issues with credit, I have a score of 999 with Experian. 

AnnS

Hi @KirstyLou22

Please see this thread where you can see Vodafone's official statement. 

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Pay-monthly/credit-check-fail-on-10-p-m-sim-only-999-experian-score/...

This still doesn’t help me! Mine has apparently been checked again but if my Experian credit rating is 999 I very much doubt this!!! Still not an acceptable resolution. 

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry there's been problems with the orders you placed through 3rd party companies @Rents78 and @KirstyLou22. So we can look into these for you, please get in touch by following the instructions in this private message I've sent and we'll be in touch. 

My partner and I both ordered the £37pm iPhone X deal from mobilephonesdirect. She has an excellent credit rating, whereas mine is good. I have been accepted and have since received my phone, she has now been declined twice. 

I get the feeling vodafone just don't want to honour as many deals as they sold. It's beginning to get really tiresome and out of order. 

Keep following it up! We had exactly the same problem, my husbands arrived and mine didn’t and I was declined repeatedly, then they told me it was an eligibility check I failed. Vodafone were very helpful over the phone and instore. They confirmed my ID instore and escalated the credit check to be redone and by the end of the following day my phone was out for despatch. Mobile phones direct however were appalling!!! Try emailing alex.booth

@mobilesphonesdirect.co.uk directly. Or ringing 0800 888100 to get through directly. I also have lodged a formal complaint in writing to the customer service director which was the only way to escalate it. I keep posting on their Facebook page and my comments are regularly being deleted 😂 They are clearly hoping people will just give up! They are just outright lying to customers. I complained to Ofcom too. 

My phone arrived today! Despite being assured on Wednesday by MPD that there was nothing they could possibly do and my call would be terminated if I couldn’t to question it! 🤬😡 So definitely keep questioning it. There seem to be lots of posts similar on trust pilot, Facebook and in the news. MPD were just blaiming it on Vodafone.