Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone refuses to help me

MirceaPv2
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I lost my phone 2 weeks ago and since then the Vodafone refuse to blacklist the phone.

The phone was bought from Vodafone throught mobiles.co.uk

The insurance company Carphone (ask me a proof of the first time and last time when the phone was used and a proof like the phone is blacklisted)

The Vodafone told me they can not identify the IMEI,i sent a email with a photo copy of proof of purchase and ther is the IMEI.After this they do not respond to email.

When i called to Vodafone they told me they gone blacklist the phone,neither in this moment the phone is not blacklisted.

I sent many emails to Vodafone and no one help me.I called many times Vodafone and they refuse to help me

Why Vodafone?

I pay a pay monthly contract for what?

I will cancel the direct debit until you solve my problem

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

When a person uses an independant to open up a new contract or upgrade then that independent needs to update Vodafone with the contract details and phone imei number. 

Vodafone are just providing the network connection. 

Without the imei number on file Vodafone cannot blacklist it. 

Can you speak with the independent. 

Vodafone have to be careful when blacklisting a phone. 

The Vodafone Social Media Team here who read all posts will catch up with your post and they'll help you with this situation if they can. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @MirceaPv2

Whatever you do don't cancel the direct debit, all you will achieve is being flagged up by Vodafone as a risk.  You need to keep the direct debit open and continue paying.

Providing you were using a Vodafone SIM in the phone at the time of losing the phone,you won't have anything to be concerned about and there is no reason for Vodafone being unable to IMEI blacklist the phone. Indeed every call made from the phone is logged to the IMEI.

Give the Team time to get to the thread, they will soon get the phone IMEI blocked and provide the necessary proof for your insurance needs.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MirceaPv2 - I’m sorry you’ve been advised that we’re unable to blacklist your phone.

We can look into this and once we access your account, we’ll feed it back to the agents that have advised you otherwise.

Please send us your details by following the instructions in this private message.