Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone refusing to blacklist IMEI

Gibbsy1989
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

So i lost my handset on Sunday, i called Vodafone and requested proof of usaged and that it had been blacklist as is requested by my insurance company and i have recieved a PDF which for some reason takes 2 days to generate and it clearly states; Blacklisted "N/A" my insurance company is refusing my claim and im getting tired of arguing with online chat and in store that you should block this handset for me. Why is this so hard to do? im clearly not the only person to come accross this issue as a quick google can tell you;

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=vodafone%20wont%20blacklist%20phone&rlz=1C1GGRV_enGB771GB771&oq=vo...

can someone message me about this so i can get this block as soon as possible. First time with Vodafone and based off this customer support experience, it'll be my last.

To save asking, the SIM was in the handset when it was lost and the handset was purchased new from mobilephonesdirect.

6 REPLIES 6

isdoo
9: Established

Have you tried submitting a complaint - it might get responded to much quicker?

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/help-and-information/complaints

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Gibbsy1989 I'm sorry to see that you've been having issues when requesting for your IMEI to be blacklisted.

So we can access your account to help with your request, please follow the details that I'll be sending to your shortly via private message. We'll then be in touch once we receive the requested information.

My insurance requires my handset to be blacklisted. Please can someone let me know how to go about this, as so far no one I speak to seems able/willing to help. Very frustrating. 

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)

I'll be happy to get your phone blacklisted for you @Gabriella4042, I'm sorry that it's not been done yet and apologise for any inconvenience this has caused.

So I can access your account, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch. 

Thank you for your reply TJ. I have now managed to get my handset blacklisted in store. 

TJ

That's great news @Gabriella4042, thanks for the update 👍