cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone still billing me despite me cancelling contract via online chat.

missrhiannonh
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

On 21st February, I got in touch with the team via online chat and informed Vodafone my contract (minimum committment end on 21st Marcch 2019) would not be carried on, i.e. I wanted to cancel the contract after the minimum contract came to an end. I was assured no more payments would be taken after this time. I was advised if I wanted to keep my number and move to another network I would need to get in touch again on the 21st March when the contract was finishing to request a PAC code. I have not requested a PAC code so rightly assumed the contract would terminate on the date I had requested, having given the neccessary notice and receiving assurance no more payments would be taken, however having checked my bank statement vodafone have continued to bill me. Please advise.

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

If you were explicit you wanted to end your contract thus giving 30 days notice Live Chat should have passed you through to the cancellation / retentions Department to complete the cancellation request.

Then it takes 2-4 weeks to process the final bill which is paid via direct debit and then a £0 bill and a sorry your leaving letter follows which confirms cancellation. 

Let the Vodafone Social Media Teams here catch up with your thread and they'll bring you in away from the open forum to pass security checks and I'm sure they'll help you with this @missrhiannonh 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks @BandOfBrothers. 

I was passed to the retention team and I made it quite clear I wanted to leave. I've not had any letter or email but it has certainly been more than 4 weeks.

Hope they see this soon enough, I would have used online chat but no agents available!

:Smiling:

You're very welcome @missrhiannonh 

If an errors been made along the way then they'll put it right.

Personally I'd await for the team here to catch up or ring Vodafone contact-us.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@missrhiannonh I'm sorry to hear your cancellation hasn't been fulfilled following the notice you gave in February, we'd love to look into why this is the case. Please follow the instructions I've sent you via Private Message to get in touch with your details.