Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone unable to find account

Chimp77
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi,

A long time ago (at least 10+ years) I received an account for a mobile wifi hotspot (I think as part of purchasing a new laptop). I don’t have the laptop or wifi unit anymore (both disposed of several years ago) but never used the account and the only balance on it is a credit of £23.50 that was included as part of the deal. I’ve been receiving bills in the post semi regularly but was always too lazy to contact Vodafone to close the account when I got rid of the dongle. I’ve recently moved house so want to close the account otherwise the new occupiers will be receiving these bills forever!!
I initially spoke to someone about 3-4 months ago to request the account was closed which I was excepting to happen, however I'm still receiving paper bills in the post. I then spoke to someone today who said they could not find the account (using the account number on the bill) and without the sim number could not do anything. During the first conversation the person who helped me had difficulty finding the account as it was part of an old system.
The only info I have is a 9 digit account number in the format xxxxxxxxx / 00001 and an invoice number. There are 2 numbers above the address on the bill the first is a 20 digit number (from googling potentially am ICCID?? – not sure though) and a second 10 digit number.
Can anyone provide details of how to close this account? Any help would be appreciated

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @Chimp77 

It's correct that Vodafone changed from one billing system to a new one which maybe causing the issue.

Contact the Vodafone Social Media Team's via Twitter or Facebook and they'll attempt to help you.

Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

When the account is closed you should get a final bill , followed by a £0 bill and a sorry your leaving letter which confirms account closure.

Unfortunately there is no account access via this forum to help you from here.

When you contact the Social media team link to your thread here including your forum username so your not having to repeat yourself.

I wish you all the best with this. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for the reply. I'll contact them via facebook and see if they can help.

BandOfBrothers

You're very welcome @Chimp77 

All the best.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

vodhim
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

If you’re having trouble accessing My Vodafone, try these troubleshooting steps:- https://www.vodafone.com.au/support/my-vodafone/access-troubleshooting-guide

hrym

That link is to Vodafone Australia and won't help in the UK.

ok