Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone won't blacklist IMEI!!!!

jennifer88
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Hello, I'll try and cut a very, very long story short...

I lost my phone in October last year, reported it to police and Vodafone the same day and was told it had been blocked and a new sim was on its way.

My insurance company informed me the IMEI number had not been blacklisted so told me to get back in touch with Vodafone to make sure it's done.

Nearly 3 months have gone by, I've rung countless times and been told it'll definitely be done in 24 hours, and another lady said 3 days. I've been put on hold for half an hour, and once I was actually hung up on. I've tried speaking to the live online support people and again was told it'll definitely be done but it hasn't.
I used the online complaint form listing dates and details of all the times I've been in contact but never had any reply, so then I rang the complaints line to lodge a complaint, the woman I spoke to said she'd contacted the department that would be able to blacklist the IMEI and assured me they had made it a priority and said she'd ring me when it'd been done....it's been over a week and I STILL haven't heard anything.

I'm honestly at my witts end. My insurance company won't replace the phone without the IMEI being blacklisted, and I'm paying £45 a month for a contract I'm not using as I don't have a phone to put the sim card in!!!!

I'm seriously considering cancelling my payment to Vodafone in the hope it spurs them on to actually block the flipping IMEI but I don't want to get myself in trouble for not paying.

Does anyone have any advice please?!?!

Jenny
60 REPLIES 60

Hi 

I am having a similar issue. I have requested for my phone to be blocked several times however I have received the below from the insurance company. I bought my phone from Carphone Warehouse. 

Proof of your handset being Blacklisted: Your handset is still not showing as being blacklisted with your network on the national database and the document  provided shows Proof of barring for the sim card but not for the handset

I have now been unable to use my phone for 4 weeks due to waiting for Vodafone to resolve this.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jackmorrish - I’m sorry to hear how long it’s been ongoing for. We can help to get this resolved. So we can access your account, please send us your details by following the instructions in this private message.

I too am having the same problem. Vodafone saying that car phone warehouse need to blacklist it, but carphone warehouse saying that Vodafone need to do it. So frustrating as like everyone else I'm paying for a phone I'm not using. I've provided everything else to my insurance company I just need this bit sorted out. Any help please guys?? Many thanks in advance 👍

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Mattding This isn't good to hear. We'll be happy to get this sorted for you 😊

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch with our team.

Hi

I am having a similar issue. I have requested for my phone to be blocked several times however I have received the below from the insurance company. 

Proof of your handset being Blacklisted: Your handset is still not showing as being blacklisted with your network on the national database and the document provided shows Proof of barring for the sim card but not for the handset

John
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Devhirani So we can assist you with this, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch with our team.

Hello,

I have the same problem as posters above. Bought samsung galaxy s8 plus from third party seller so vodafone are refusing to block imei for me, told me to contact samsung who said vodafone are the only people who can do it leaving me unable to claim on my insurance receiving the following message: 
Proof of Blacklisting: Your handset is not showing as blacklisted with your network on the national database. This is a requirement of your policy. To enable us to continue with the assessment of your claim we require correspondence from your service provider showing the date and time your handset was blacklisted. We advise that you contact your network and ask them to blacklist the IMEI number of your handset listed above. In the event that you receive this information by email, please forward this directly to us.

Hope to hear soon, 
Shaun

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@shaun90 - I’m sorry that you’ve been given this information by us.

We can blacklist your phone and issue you with  proof of this, as long as we can see you’ve previously used it on our network.

Please send us your details by following the instructions in this private message and we’ll get this arranged for you. 🙂

Hi,

I'm suffering the exact same problem.

I bought a phone sim-free from carphone warehouse and started using a Vodafone sim in it.

I subsequently lost the phone and as per my insurer's request asked Vodafone to blacklist it.

It's now been a month but the phone has still not been blacklisted.

Please could I have some help with getting this sorted?

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

@wv889 I'm disappointed to hear you've had this experience. So we can take a look into this, please contact us via the link in the private message I've sent you.