Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone won't blacklist IMEI!!!!

jennifer88
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Hello, I'll try and cut a very, very long story short...

I lost my phone in October last year, reported it to police and Vodafone the same day and was told it had been blocked and a new sim was on its way.

My insurance company informed me the IMEI number had not been blacklisted so told me to get back in touch with Vodafone to make sure it's done.

Nearly 3 months have gone by, I've rung countless times and been told it'll definitely be done in 24 hours, and another lady said 3 days. I've been put on hold for half an hour, and once I was actually hung up on. I've tried speaking to the live online support people and again was told it'll definitely be done but it hasn't.
I used the online complaint form listing dates and details of all the times I've been in contact but never had any reply, so then I rang the complaints line to lodge a complaint, the woman I spoke to said she'd contacted the department that would be able to blacklist the IMEI and assured me they had made it a priority and said she'd ring me when it'd been done....it's been over a week and I STILL haven't heard anything.

I'm honestly at my witts end. My insurance company won't replace the phone without the IMEI being blacklisted, and I'm paying £45 a month for a contract I'm not using as I don't have a phone to put the sim card in!!!!

I'm seriously considering cancelling my payment to Vodafone in the hope it spurs them on to actually block the flipping IMEI but I don't want to get myself in trouble for not paying.

Does anyone have any advice please?!?!

Jenny
60 REPLIES 60

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

@Judiw1162

The link is where the word here is, don't think it's highlighted.

Yes - it says "click here " in red and gives the code in red too.

I clicked on "click here" and it took me to the form in which I entered the code and then it took me to the form. I followed the instructions and clicked send form when I had finished!

Done it twice now!

Where do I find the #******* code or number on the automated response.  All I received via the automated response was 

As your query is account specific we’re unable to help you on the Community.

To contact our team directly:

• Click here and enter your information. Make sure you click the link to send us your details as we’re unable to respond to private messages.
  • Enter the code W***** in the box. If any additional characters or spaces are entered the rest of the form won’t appear
  • Include your forum username and a link to your post within the main text box
  • Make sure you include any other info needed to help with your query, including an alternate contact number if necessary

So what else do I do?  This is ridiculous. 

DaneB
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I'm sorry to see you're having issues with the link we've provided you @Judiw1162. Please check your spam/junk folder for your automated response and your email reference number will be in the subject bar.

If you've not received an automated response this will mean that we've not received your email. Please try again following these instructions;

- Clear your cache and cookies on the device you're using.
- Try a different device or send your email using a different web browser.
- Try an alternative email address (particularly if you're using a Yahoo account, as this can sometimes cause issues).
- Manually type your email address into the box when prompted, rather than copy and paste and also that you include the routing code.
- Ensure your message is under 2500 characters.

Hi, I had the same problem.  Was stuck between Vodafone and carphone warehouse both pointing me in the others direction and advising they were unable to blacklist the handset.  Eventually I was able to speak to a very friendly Vodafone person through their online chat service and I provided him with the tel nr and Imei nr, he then confirmed that he had disabled the handset so that it was blacklisted/barred for further use.  This was of course a relief!  

The vodafone chap then asked me to complete a form that can be found at www.vodafone.co.uk/pop, this is the document that formally requests confirmation of phone blacklisting/barring for insurance claim purposes from Vodafone.  

Hope this helps others as it was frustrating me that a simple task could be so annoyingly difficult to resolve.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Thanks for providing the helpful link in your post @Benh76.

Apologies for any inconvenience that was caused previously, however I'm happy to see that we were able to resolve the issues you were facing when blacklisting your phone.

If we can help with anything else in the future, please let us know and we'll be happy to help.

Im having the exact same issue. Vodafone customer services are just passing me around to people that don't no what they are doing. Ive made about 10+ calls all telling that it will be done in 24hrs. And it never is. 

Ive gone in to store 3 times with my proof of purchase, they keep telling me that its done, but it hasn't been.

I even did the proof of purchase, usage & barring that Vodafone give, that i had to wait 5 days for and still they never blacklisted the phone, they just put NA next to blacklist. 

Its getting ridiculous now. I need someone to sort this.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Darren_123 I'm disappointed to see you're having difficulty blacklisting your phone.

We'll be able to help with this. Contact us via the link in the private message I've sent you and one of our team will be in touch.

The same thing is happening to me. Vodafone keep saying it has been blacklisted. But when I get proof of usage etc document it just says "Blacklisting N/A" I've been going around in circles for two weeks now and I'm extremely unhappy. 

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Will1986 We'll be happy to ensure that your phone is blacklisted for you. I've sent you a private message with details to contact our team. 

Once we receive your details, we'll be in touch to help.