Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone wont unbar my iphone

Siyavash
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I lost my iphone x few weeks ago at train station and found it around 2 weeks ago. I called vodafone to unbar it 3 times! 

First time they said 5 working days

second time they said 2 working days 

and third time they said 2-24 hours. 

Its been more than 14 days and my phone is still not useable. Im paying £60 for a contract that I cannot even use!!!! Can someone help me please!!

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

To be fair @Siyavash you can use your contract still by inserting the sim card in another phone that allows a Vodafone Sim card. 

You lost your phone in a train station a few weeks ago and then managed to find it ? Your very lucky to go back after such a long time after losing it and then finding it !

Vodafone will remove an imei lock for the account holder/ owner of a phone which is usually quite fast once they are happy everything is above board. 

You will need to speak with Customer services to escalate the situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @Siyavash

You don't mention if you put in an insurance claim for the phone before you found it two weeks later.  If this is the case, the phone will be the property of the insurance company and you will never be able to get the phone removed from the IMEI block.

If the phone has been blacklisted, Vodafone would have also barred your SIM and before you are able to use the SIM in any other phone, you will need to ask Vodafone to remove the restriction and send a replacement SIM for the number.  If you are in a hurry, this can be done in a store with you passing data protection.

If you have not put in an insurance claim, IMEI unblocking always takes longer than expected.  However, wait for one of the Team here on the forum to get to the thread and they will be able to check on the progress of removing the blacklisting.

Thank you for your helpful reply. I did put an insurance claim but I cancelled it when I found my phone. I will contact them again tonight and ask them to connect me to their manager because im sure unbarring my iphone shouldn’t take 14 days. And yes i have received a replacement sim card

AnnS

Hi @Siyavash

That clarifies the situation.  When you put in an insurance claim, the insurers would have immediately  registered the phone as a subject of an insurance claim and the phone will need to be taken off the register by the insurers.  As far as Vodafone will be concerned, this will still be the case.

You are going to need to take this up with your insurers and ask them how long this is going to take.  Your issue now will be with the insurance company, until this has been completed, Vodafone wil be unable to remove the blacklisting at your request.

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

@Siyavash Sounds like you're having a very frustrating time getting your phone unblocked - Although I'm glad that you managed to find it again, that's very lucky.

Please keep us updated with any news from your insurance company. Once everything's been straightened out with them, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch. Complete the form in the link provided and we'll be happy to help from our side in any way we can.