Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodaphone App not working

Shanklin1409
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I currently have 3 pay monthly phones with vodaphone for my 3 teenage daughters, I myself have a payg giffgaff sim in my iPhone 6, so my problem is that I downloaded the app to my phone to keep an eye on the usage of my daughters phones but the app will not load up. Is there a reason why ? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Shanklin1409

You won't be able to download the application to a non Vodafone number, it has to be with a Vodafone number.

The only way to keep check on your daughter's usage is through an online account. Your daughter's can also manage their own usage through the application on the phone. 

If you set up the online account with one of the numbers, you will also be able to see the other two numbers on the same account.  When the online account is set up, the applications on the phones should follow, there is also further advise on how to manage the account here: How do I keep track of my monthly usage?  If your Daughter's have a data allowance, there is the data cap which can be enabled through the online account and application, details here:  Data Capping

If you have any problems setting up the account and viewing the numbers, please contact Vodafone through the Customer Service channels or come back to the forum.

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

AnnS

Hi @Shanklin1409

You won't be able to download the application to a non Vodafone number, it has to be with a Vodafone number.

The only way to keep check on your daughter's usage is through an online account. Your daughter's can also manage their own usage through the application on the phone. 

If you set up the online account with one of the numbers, you will also be able to see the other two numbers on the same account.  When the online account is set up, the applications on the phones should follow, there is also further advise on how to manage the account here: How do I keep track of my monthly usage?  If your Daughter's have a data allowance, there is the data cap which can be enabled through the online account and application, details here:  Data Capping

If you have any problems setting up the account and viewing the numbers, please contact Vodafone through the Customer Service channels or come back to the forum.

Thank you for your help, I guess I’ll just have to keep login in via my browser.

jeffkinn

Make sure the data cap is in place so that they can't go over their monthly allowance and give you bill shock.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Getafix
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Here is something you could do.

Take any of the 3 Vodafone SIM (preferably the one that is set Vodafone to contact you on) and put it in your phone.

Download the Vodafone App, activate it. Now you can put your SIM back.

Whenever you want to use the Vodafone App, connect to WiFi and use it. It does work on the Mobile Data however it might sometimes reset.

As long as you use it on WiFi, it will not need to be validated.