Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodaphone Spamming me with You've swapped your sim message

lukeyyy07
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello, 

I am trying on here as I've twice been in contact with Vodafone customer services who both times confirmed I wouldn't receive anymore of these messages but I'm still being spammed.

The message is as followed ...

It looks like you’ve swapped your SIM or updated your software. If you want to continue using data and picture messaging, you’ll need to update your settings. We’ll send you these by text shortly.

I then receive a configuration message straight after. I have literally received around 100 of these messages in the last two days alone. My phone is constantly receiving these during the day which as you can imagine is extremely frustrating.

I only just recently joined Vodafone and honestly and starting to regret this now as I feel messed about my customer services who both said they disabled this message and I wouldn't receive anymore.

My phone is a Samsung galaxy s8+.

I hope Someone can help as writing this message I have just received another 3 messages.

Many thanks

Luke

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Will
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @lukeyyy07 and @felicityhm

We'll need to access both your accounts to look into this for you. I've sent both of you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

For anyone else with the same issue, try the steps listed here and if you’re still affected, contact customer service.

View solution in original position

60 REPLIES 60

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Simnan - I can understand this must be frustrating.

We’re aware of the issue and it’s being looked into.

I’m sorry for any inconvenience.

I'm also getting this. I received my S8+ yesterday and swapped my sim over. Have had 25 texts from Voda telling me that I needed to update my settings in the last 24 hours.

Vodafone..please make it stop!!!!

Hi @brownsea2989

I’m sorry to hear how many duplicate messages you’re receiving.

Samsung are looking into this. If it’s still happening now, please check if there’s a software update available:

1. Go to Settings
  2. Tap on ‘About Device’
  3. Scroll to and tap ‘Software update’ – ‘Check for updates’
  4. Wait for your phone to scan
  5. If an updates available, follow the steps on the screen (it’s best to do this when connected to Wi-Fi to save your data allowance)

Screenshot_20170814-120252.png

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Very occasionally this can be a network issue (I had itmyself for a few hours once), but it can also be a faulty SIM or an issue with the slot in the phone.  It happens if the SIM is disconneced/removed and reconnected/replaced - either that's happening due to a fault or the network is re-registering it.   The forum team will be able to investigate for you.   In the meantime, though, if you're passing a Vodafone shop, you could ask them to do a SIM swap for you, just to eliminate that.

I'm having the same problem - the customer service link is not working Help please!!

I have been getting the same messages ever since I got my S8 and it's driving me crazy could some one plz help

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@georgia12505 Samsung are working on resolving this - please try the steps provided in the thread for any further assistance in the meantime.

I'm having the same issue and it's so frustrating. I've I'm Samsung galaxy note8. I cannot see any steps in this thread to follow?! Please can someone help. Contact centre were beyond useless. I've had another two texts typing this message ... 

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Elrussell14 A simple restart of your device should stop this from happening. 
Please give this a go and let us know how you get on 🙂