Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodaphone Spamming me with You've swapped your sim message

lukeyyy07
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello, 

I am trying on here as I've twice been in contact with Vodafone customer services who both times confirmed I wouldn't receive anymore of these messages but I'm still being spammed.

The message is as followed ...

It looks like you’ve swapped your SIM or updated your software. If you want to continue using data and picture messaging, you’ll need to update your settings. We’ll send you these by text shortly.

I then receive a configuration message straight after. I have literally received around 100 of these messages in the last two days alone. My phone is constantly receiving these during the day which as you can imagine is extremely frustrating.

I only just recently joined Vodafone and honestly and starting to regret this now as I feel messed about my customer services who both said they disabled this message and I wouldn't receive anymore.

My phone is a Samsung galaxy s8+.

I hope Someone can help as writing this message I have just received another 3 messages.

Many thanks

Luke

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Will
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @lukeyyy07 and @felicityhm

We'll need to access both your accounts to look into this for you. I've sent both of you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

For anyone else with the same issue, try the steps listed here and if you’re still affected, contact customer service.

View solution in original position

60 REPLIES 60

You're all saying to follow the steps within this thread... 

Yet no one has actually put the steps. 

Great help. 

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

To stop these messages @Jm3140, you can text WEB to 40127. If this doesn’t help, try removing your SIM for 10 minutes then popping it back in. If you're unable to do this, you can also put your phone onto flight mode for 10 minutes, then switching it back off again. 

Please let us know how you get on after trying these steps 😊

I have the same problem when connecting to my Audi A6 with my Samsung Note 8. I have tried texting WEB and removing the SIM still the same. ANY help appresiated.

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

There have been issues with VW and Audi cars.   It seems to relate to the way the car connects to the phone and takes over the SIM.   As a result, the phone thinks it has been removed and reinserted and you therefore get a "SIM inserted" message.   There have been suggestions that this affects the SIMs Vodafone uses more than those used by other networks.   If there is a solution, it may be an update to the car's software, if there's one available.   I haven't seen this occuring as frequently as it used to, which suggests something mayhave been done.

Hi

One of the devices on my account is getting these messages. It's a Nexus 6p, so not a Samsung device. The post above states 'follow these steps' but there doesn't appear to be any steps. 

Resettingthe phone doesn't work, reinserting the Sim doesn't work. Has anyone fixed this issue?

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@smccran So we're able to look into your account on our end, please contact us using the link in the private message I've sent. 

I've just changed my phone to a Nokia 5 and am getting these text messages, please can you share the solution?

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

@richtull So we can help you further, please follow the instructions in the private message I've sent.

I’ve got the exact same problem. I’ve restarted and it’s not fixed. This seems to have happened because I updated the ios last night. So annoying please help me to fix!!

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Snarky99 We'll need to look into this further for you. 

So we can help, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch with us 😊