Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodaphone Spamming me with You've swapped your sim message

lukeyyy07
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello, 

I am trying on here as I've twice been in contact with Vodafone customer services who both times confirmed I wouldn't receive anymore of these messages but I'm still being spammed.

The message is as followed ...

It looks like you’ve swapped your SIM or updated your software. If you want to continue using data and picture messaging, you’ll need to update your settings. We’ll send you these by text shortly.

I then receive a configuration message straight after. I have literally received around 100 of these messages in the last two days alone. My phone is constantly receiving these during the day which as you can imagine is extremely frustrating.

I only just recently joined Vodafone and honestly and starting to regret this now as I feel messed about my customer services who both said they disabled this message and I wouldn't receive anymore.

My phone is a Samsung galaxy s8+.

I hope Someone can help as writing this message I have just received another 3 messages.

Many thanks

Luke

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Will
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @lukeyyy07 and @felicityhm

We'll need to access both your accounts to look into this for you. I've sent both of you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

For anyone else with the same issue, try the steps listed here and if you’re still affected, contact customer service.

View solution in original position

60 REPLIES 60

Loz
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Sturki It's disappointing this hasn't helped fix your issue and there's been no change. So I can take a further look into this and help get things sorted, please contact us via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or contact us on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK. Please remember to include the link to your post on the forum and your username.

windyoneuk
4: Newbie

I am getting the same message, hundreds of times. I've installed the new configuration. I have to keep my phone on alert as I need to be contactable by patients in an emergency. I#m getting no sleep..surely this should have been fixed by now as the first message was in 2017!!!!!

hrym
17: Community Champion

If this has happened since a firmware update, it may be necessary to factory reset the phone.   This requirement ued to be more common than it is now and is something of a last resort as you have to set everything up from scratch and you'll lose all your content (back up photos, music etc first).   If you haven't already, try clearing recent apps, app caches (Settings|Storage|Device) and a simple restart first.

If this fails, the next things to look at are the SIM itself and the contacts in the device, if they're accessible.   It may be that removing the SIM, cleaning and replacing it will solve the issue.

If you still have no luck you may need to consider a repair.

It's a relatively new Galaxy Note 8, which was sent a software download overnight, as has happened a couple of times. 
No way am I going to consider a factory reset at this stage

hrym

Start with clearing recent apps and app caches followed by a simple restart.  Then move on to the SIM.   I always regard a factory reset as a last resort, but it would be part of the repair process if it comes to that, so you'll have lost nothing by giving it a try if all else fails.

Smo1982
1: Seeker

Did they fix it for you.

I have been getting relentless messages saying the same. It's driving me crazy. 

I have been told they will stop but still carry on...

I am hoping you tell me that there is a light at the end of the tunnel before I launch my phone out of the window 

Sara

The day after I posted on here it just stopped happening. They didn’t do anything to fix it. I turned my phone off and on a few times. That was it no secret solution. 

AnnS

Hi @Smo1982

When you do a software update or change the SIM, you will receive this automated message. 

When you next receive the message tap on the download message, this will refresh your account on the network and the messages will stop.

Very often a simple reboot of the phone will also solve the problem.

Adam
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Smo1982 if you're still having these texts, please send us your details via the private message I've sent you. 

dazzafl
1: Seeker

i am getting these its awful