main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Pay monthly

Vodaphone Spamming me with You've swapped your sim message

SOLVED
View solved solution
4: Newbie

Hi

One of the devices on my account is getting these messages. It's a Nexus 6p, so not a Samsung device. The post above states 'follow these steps' but there doesn't appear to be any steps. 

Resettingthe phone doesn't work, reinserting the Sim doesn't work. Has anyone fixed this issue?

View more options
Administrator

@smccran So we're able to look into your account on our end, please contact us using the link in the private message I've sent. 

View more options
2: Seeker

I've just changed my phone to a Nokia 5 and am getting these text messages, please can you share the solution?

View more options

@richtull So we can help you further, please follow the instructions in the private message I've sent.

View more options

I’ve got the exact same problem. I’ve restarted and it’s not fixed. This seems to have happened because I updated the ios last night. So annoying please help me to fix!!

View more options

@Snarky99 We'll need to look into this further for you. 

So we can help, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch with us 😊

View more options

I'm getting this problem too it just keeps spamming me with these messages.

View more options
Administrator

@JW43 If rebooting your device hasn't stopped these messages from coming through, please contact us using the link in my private message

A member of the team will then be in touch to assist further 🙂

View more options

Hi,

Getting these messages every time I disconnect from the car.  Can a support team member PM me with some solutions as per some of the previous posters please?

Many thanks.  

View more options
17: Community Champion

I'm afraid there's nothing Vodafone can do if it's related to disconnection from the car - it's down to the vehicle software.   Basically, what happens is that the car takes over the SIM and, when you disconnect, it's like putting it physically back in the phone.   Bluetooth in cars is a can of worms and often poorly implemented.  All you can do is speak to the manufacturer and see if there's an update for the car, I'm afraid.   If not, it's just a matter of ignoring the configuration messages.

View more options
13: Advanced Member

Of course there's something Vodafone can do. They can stop sending texts!

View more options

@hrymwrote:

I'm afraid there's nothing Vodafone can do if it's related to disconnection from the car - it's down to the vehicle software.   Basically, what happens is that the car takes over the SIM and, when you disconnect, it's like putting it physically back in the phone.   Bluetooth in cars is a can of worms and often poorly implemented.  All you can do is speak to the manufacturer and see if there's an update for the car, I'm afraid.   If not, it's just a matter of ignoring the configuration messages.

Car is up to date. I've had phones in the past where removing and replacing the same sim, in the same handset has not been an issue, or issues when using a remote data connection (as the car is doi6for traffic updates on the nav). This has only happened while having Vodafone as a service provider.  Surely there must be some way of either automating this or not requiring it based on known sim card and handset combinations and update version currently installed rather than requiring an update to be installed every time it sees a changebin sim status  even if was only 3 minutes since the last update install! 

View more options

I understand your frustration @billgatese30 and apologise for any inconvenience that's been caused.

So we can investigate further to help stop these messages for you, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

View more options

Hi I'm having this exact same problem since updating the software on my S8 this week.

I have followed all in installations and tried turning my device on an off checking the SIM but I keep getting spammed with tons of these it looks like you've swapped your sim messages.

Could somebody please help stop this it is so frustrating! 

View more options

Hi @noddy78

I recently replied to a post asking the same question and a reboot solved the problem.  However, I notice you have already tried turning the phone on and off.

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Pay-monthly/Why-am-I-being-bombarded-with-system-text-messages/m-p/2...

View more options

I am getting the same message, hundreds of times. I've installed the new configuration. I have to keep my phone on alert as I need to be contactable by patients in an emergency. I#m getting no sleep..surely this should have been fixed by now as the first message was in 2017!!!!!

View more options

If this has happened since a firmware update, it may be necessary to factory reset the phone.   This requirement ued to be more common than it is now and is something of a last resort as you have to set everything up from scratch and you'll lose all your content (back up photos, music etc first).   If you haven't already, try clearing recent apps, app caches (Settings|Storage|Device) and a simple restart first.

If this fails, the next things to look at are the SIM itself and the contacts in the device, if they're accessible.   It may be that removing the SIM, cleaning and replacing it will solve the issue.

If you still have no luck you may need to consider a repair.

View more options
Highlighted

It's a relatively new Galaxy Note 8, which was sent a software download overnight, as has happened a couple of times. 
No way am I going to consider a factory reset at this stage

View more options

Start with clearing recent apps and app caches followed by a simple restart.  Then move on to the SIM.   I always regard a factory reset as a last resort, but it would be part of the repair process if it comes to that, so you'll have lost nothing by giving it a try if all else fails.

View more options
1: Seeker

I am having the same issues since i updated my samsung this morning. I have half nearly 50 texts since 11am and they are still coming through. Please can you advise

View more options