Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodaphone Spamming me with You've swapped your sim message

lukeyyy07
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello, 

I am trying on here as I've twice been in contact with Vodafone customer services who both times confirmed I wouldn't receive anymore of these messages but I'm still being spammed.

The message is as followed ...

It looks like you’ve swapped your SIM or updated your software. If you want to continue using data and picture messaging, you’ll need to update your settings. We’ll send you these by text shortly.

I then receive a configuration message straight after. I have literally received around 100 of these messages in the last two days alone. My phone is constantly receiving these during the day which as you can imagine is extremely frustrating.

I only just recently joined Vodafone and honestly and starting to regret this now as I feel messed about my customer services who both said they disabled this message and I wouldn't receive anymore.

My phone is a Samsung galaxy s8+.

I hope Someone can help as writing this message I have just received another 3 messages.

Many thanks

Luke

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Will
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @lukeyyy07 and @felicityhm

We'll need to access both your accounts to look into this for you. I've sent both of you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

For anyone else with the same issue, try the steps listed here and if you’re still affected, contact customer service.

View solution in original position

60 REPLIES 60

I'm getting this problem too it just keeps spamming me with these messages.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@JW43 If rebooting your device hasn't stopped these messages from coming through, please contact us using the link in my private message

A member of the team will then be in touch to assist further 🙂

Hi,

Getting these messages every time I disconnect from the car.  Can a support team member PM me with some solutions as per some of the previous posters please?

Many thanks.  

hrym
17: Community Champion

I'm afraid there's nothing Vodafone can do if it's related to disconnection from the car - it's down to the vehicle software.   Basically, what happens is that the car takes over the SIM and, when you disconnect, it's like putting it physically back in the phone.   Bluetooth in cars is a can of worms and often poorly implemented.  All you can do is speak to the manufacturer and see if there's an update for the car, I'm afraid.   If not, it's just a matter of ignoring the configuration messages.

chistery
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Of course there's something Vodafone can do. They can stop sending texts!

@hrymwrote:

I'm afraid there's nothing Vodafone can do if it's related to disconnection from the car - it's down to the vehicle software.   Basically, what happens is that the car takes over the SIM and, when you disconnect, it's like putting it physically back in the phone.   Bluetooth in cars is a can of worms and often poorly implemented.  All you can do is speak to the manufacturer and see if there's an update for the car, I'm afraid.   If not, it's just a matter of ignoring the configuration messages.

Car is up to date. I've had phones in the past where removing and replacing the same sim, in the same handset has not been an issue, or issues when using a remote data connection (as the car is doi6for traffic updates on the nav). This has only happened while having Vodafone as a service provider.  Surely there must be some way of either automating this or not requiring it based on known sim card and handset combinations and update version currently installed rather than requiring an update to be installed every time it sees a changebin sim status  even if was only 3 minutes since the last update install! 

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

I understand your frustration @billgatese30 and apologise for any inconvenience that's been caused.

So we can investigate further to help stop these messages for you, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

Hi I'm having this exact same problem since updating the software on my S8 this week.

I have followed all in installations and tried turning my device on an off checking the SIM but I keep getting spammed with tons of these it looks like you've swapped your sim messages.

Could somebody please help stop this it is so frustrating! 

AnnS

Hi @noddy78

I recently replied to a post asking the same question and a reboot solved the problem.  However, I notice you have already tried turning the phone on and off.

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Pay-monthly/Why-am-I-being-bombarded-with-system-text-messages/m-p/2...

I am having the same issues since i updated my samsung this morning. I have half nearly 50 texts since 11am and they are still coming through. Please can you advise