main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Pay monthly

Vodaphone Spamming me with You've swapped your sim message

SOLVED
View solved solution

@Alfiecat - Please test texting WEB to 40127. If this doesn’t stop the messages you’re receiving, then please send us your details by following the steps in this private message. We can then help further. 

View more options
1: Seeker

Hi Gemma,

I am having the same problem after updating my S8.

I have tried restarting the phone.

If I text WEB to that number, am I going to be charged?

Could someone please get in contact.

Thanks

View more options

There's no charge for texting the 40127 number @stevenellis97.

View more options
2: Seeker

Same thing is happening to me... I have had dozens this month and nothing I try by changing settings on updates seem to fix it.

View more options

Hi @Francis_haber, have you text WEB to 40127?

This will reset your phone settings and stop this issue.

View more options

Did they fix it for you.

I have been getting relentless messages saying the same. It's driving me crazy. 

I have been told they will stop but still carry on...

I am hoping you tell me that there is a light at the end of the tunnel before I launch my phone out of the window 

Sara

View more options

The day after I posted on here it just stopped happening. They didn’t do anything to fix it. I turned my phone off and on a few times. That was it no secret solution. 

View more options
17: Community Champion

Hi @Smo1982

When you do a software update or change the SIM, you will receive this automated message. 

When you next receive the message tap on the download message, this will refresh your account on the network and the messages will stop.

Very often a simple reboot of the phone will also solve the problem.

View more options

Hi @Smo1982 if you're still having these texts, please send us your details via the private message I've sent you. 

View more options
4: Newbie

Hi sorry to drag up an old thread but I software updated this morning and have had over 40 of these messages today.. very frustrating!!

View more options

Oh no, sorry about that @ACJMY2K10 🤦 I know how frustrating these texts can be! 

Please try removing you SIM for 10 minutes then popping it back in. If you're unable to do this; you can also try putting your phone onto flight mode for 10 minutes, then switching it back off again. 

Let us know if this helps - if not, don't hesitate to come back to us and we'll be happy to help you further 👍

View more options

i am getting these its awful

View more options

Hi @dazzafl have you tried the above steps mentioned by @TJ? If so, did this help at all?

View more options

You're all saying to follow the steps within this thread... 

Yet no one has actually put the steps. 

Great help. 

View more options
Highlighted

To stop these messages @Jm3140, you can text WEB to 40127. If this doesn’t help, try removing your SIM for 10 minutes then popping it back in. If you're unable to do this, you can also put your phone onto flight mode for 10 minutes, then switching it back off again. 

Please let us know how you get on after trying these steps 😊

View more options

I have the same problem when connecting to my Audi A6 with my Samsung Note 8. I have tried texting WEB and removing the SIM still the same. ANY help appresiated.

View more options
17: Community Champion

There have been issues with VW and Audi cars.   It seems to relate to the way the car connects to the phone and takes over the SIM.   As a result, the phone thinks it has been removed and reinserted and you therefore get a "SIM inserted" message.   There have been suggestions that this affects the SIMs Vodafone uses more than those used by other networks.   If there is a solution, it may be an update to the car's software, if there's one available.   I haven't seen this occuring as frequently as it used to, which suggests something mayhave been done.

View more options

I have the same issue and customer service team haven’t resolved in. Pls pls can you help

View more options

@Sturki I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing the same issue, I appreciate how frustrating this must be for you. Have you tried texting WEB to 40127? I'd recommend doing this to stop the notifications and to reconfigure your device. Please remember this can take up to 24 hours to fully update. If you're still facing the same problem after this time, please pop back to me and I'll be more than happy to help you further 🙂

View more options

Hi. Yes have done all that last week and no change 

View more options