Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Voicemail Not Working

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

New pay monthly customer, signed up sim only on 4th Dec. Sim activated ok and my old number ported over 7th Dec 2017 before midday. I had not tried voicemail before the number port as I thought better to wait till the number is ported. So as it stood anyone who rang me the number would just ring out till dead tone. After the number port I attempted to setup voicemail, dialled 121 skipped the greeting bit. At the security pin bit I said yes to setup a pin, just got message 'thank you for calling, goodbye'. Called 121 several times same thing. So then I skipped the security bit and went straight into voicemail. Now when I call 121 it says I have no messages, I press option 4,2,2 to setup a pin 'thank you for calling, goodbye'. I try option 4,4,3 to turn on standard voicemail service 'back on' but I get 'unable to set your divert at this time please try later'. Tried rebooting phone several times no change. Waited till this morning 8th Dec, same thing. So as it stands no voicemail and number just rings out.

Whats going on?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@RaxxL

I had the exact same issue last week after porting my number into Vodafone. It turned out the issue only occured when I had WiFi calling activated on my account. 

I was able to resolve the voicemail issue with WiFi calling still enabled by going on live chat and asking them to deactivate my voicemail. This can take upto an hour. Once I had confirmed it had been deactivated (If i dialed 121 the call would fail) I then went back onto live chat and had the voicemail re-enabled. Once I could access my voicemail by dialing 121 again, I then had to configure the diverts. Dialling 1211 to active diverts does not work with WiFi calling enabled on the account even if you are not actually connected to WiFi. 

The diverts have to manually be setup by dialling the following codes. You should do each one in turn for the voicemail to correctly divert in all the usual scenarios.

Cancel all diverts ##002#

Divert when Busy  **67*121[your number without the first 0]*11# 

Divert when No Reply **61*121[your number without the first 0]*11*30#   (The 30 at the end is the number of seconds the phone will ring before it is diverted to voicemail. This can be any number from 5-30 in increments of 5.)

Divert when Not Reachable **62*121[your number without the first 0]*11#

View solution in original position

8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

It sounds like the porting in is still settling in @Anonymous

One option to try if you wish is to cancel all diverts by > "Cancel all diverts. Press Phone. Press Keypad. Key in ##002# and press the call icon.Return to the home screen. Press the Home key to return to the home screen."

If that does not help and this does not self resolved then Customer Services on 191 would need to escalate. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, there are no current diverts in place that I can tell as people can call me but if I don't answer or reject it just gives a engaged/dead tone. I will give it some more time then call customer services or chat I guess......

hrym

Even if there are no diverts, turning it off and on again does sometimes work :Hmm_Face:

If that's no good, keep trying while you wait for the forum team to pick this up.   They'll be able to look at your account and make sure the port has completed.   There have been problems with voicemail that are unrelated to porting and I think there's a reset that needs to be done.   When you speak to them, ask them to check that as well.

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK thank you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

i tried the ##002# thing, no joy. Logged on to my account and enabled divert from there, got a text and email to say divert was active for busy, no answer and no network. Tried calling my number and rejecting same thing just tones. Chatted to customer service who after taking some time to look into it said that voicemail was active but not working whatever that means, they said they see this issue with porting. So apparently they removed it and re added it manually, told me to wait 2hrs I should get a text then re-activate VM with 1211. Been a few hours nothing, VM still not working. Wondering if I've just been fobbed off. Never experienced these sorts of problems with O2, Three or GiffGaff but VF seems to be in a class of their own and in a poor way..............

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Anonymous I'm sorry to see you're still having trouble with this. 

As we'll need to access your account to assist further, please contact us using the link in the private message I've sent 🙂

@RaxxL

I had the exact same issue last week after porting my number into Vodafone. It turned out the issue only occured when I had WiFi calling activated on my account. 

I was able to resolve the voicemail issue with WiFi calling still enabled by going on live chat and asking them to deactivate my voicemail. This can take upto an hour. Once I had confirmed it had been deactivated (If i dialed 121 the call would fail) I then went back onto live chat and had the voicemail re-enabled. Once I could access my voicemail by dialing 121 again, I then had to configure the diverts. Dialling 1211 to active diverts does not work with WiFi calling enabled on the account even if you are not actually connected to WiFi. 

The diverts have to manually be setup by dialling the following codes. You should do each one in turn for the voicemail to correctly divert in all the usual scenarios.

Cancel all diverts ##002#

Divert when Busy  **67*121[your number without the first 0]*11# 

Divert when No Reply **61*121[your number without the first 0]*11*30#   (The 30 at the end is the number of seconds the phone will ring before it is diverted to voicemail. This can be any number from 5-30 in increments of 5.)

Divert when Not Reachable **62*121[your number without the first 0]*11#

Getafix
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

I can confirm what @txxr has posted.

I had the same issue with one of my number as has Wifi Calling on it. Gemma from the Forum sorted it out.

Also emailed me the instructions.

Give that a try. If doesn't work, then most likely it is a split port.