Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

WWE Mobile charges unauthorised on my account

dguk
2: Seeker

Hello

Anyone else still being impacted by these WWE Mobile unauthorised payments on accounts? £2.50 per week.

I just noticed them since Oct 2017!  I've been trying to get Vodafone customer services (and executive office) to take seriously, but no joy yet.

I can assure, you I have not signed up for it, I don't like Wrestling!

11 REPLIES 11

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

It's the merchant ie the business that's taking the funds that have a duty of care to return funds if they've been taken in error.

There's some excellent info in psauthority.org.uk/for-consumers

Have you tried contacting the company. 

Vodafone can apply bars on your account. And  Look at the Rh side of the forum for the premium rate sms bar. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hello, Many thanks for your reply.

yes I contacted the email address Vodafone provided appfeedback AT wwecorp.com

I also spent a lot of time trying to report to PS Authority, their wwbsite has faults, it timesout with errors half way through submission. Do they have an email address for reports?

But why is it my responsibility? I've not done anything with my phone. Verified by IT team here, no hacking or malware.  I expect Vodafone may have been hacked.

Is there an easy way to set the SMS premium bar?

BandOfBrothers

@dguk wrote:

Hello, Many thanks for your reply.

yes I contacted the email address Vodafone provided appfeedback AT wwecorp.com

I also spent a lot of time trying to report to PS Authority, their wwbsite has faults, it timesout with errors half way through submission. Do they have an email address for reports?

But why is it my responsibility? I've not done anything with my phone. Verified by IT team here, no hacking or malware.  I expect Vodafone may have been hacked.

Is there an easy way to set the SMS premium bar?

You're very welcome for my reply @dguk

The company taking the funds has a duty of care to return the funds if a person has not signed up to the subscription.  

Maybe look at which > Im-being-charged-for-unwanted-premium-rate-text-messages

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hello, thank you for your reply. Yes, I would like them to return these charges.  That link is about SMS, but does refer to PSA about app scam/charges. PSA website is failing, submission errors on their system on the submissionf form - PSA seem to be IT incompetent.

I wonder why Vodafone will not?  I've been right to the top, the Executive complaints team of the CEO Nick Jeffery - no one is bring this matter to a positive resolution.

3 phonecalls to 191 service, none of them would resolve it either.

Can anyone at Vodafone step in to sort out this unauthorised charge? Its fraud.

AnnS

Hi @dguk

The form is probably timing out and has a maximum number of letters.  Try typing the reply on word, keeping it short and copying and pasting onto the forum.

You mention you have already been through the Customer Relations route, and have been in touch with the Executive Complaints Team.  If that is the case, they will be higher in authority than the forum Team, this means the Team won't be able to intervene but should be in a position to find the progress of your complaint.

Adam
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

HI @dguk we can look to investigate this for you further. If you haven't already got a premium bar on your account, this is something we can do. We're also part of the Customer Relations department so can look to resolve complaints as and when needed. 

If you'd like us to apply the bar and investigate further, please send us your details via the private message I've sent you. 

AnnS

Hi @dguk

Please see this previous thread, I remember going to a lot of effort to find the information in my reply.  Hope it also helps you.  As I said in the linked thread, Good luck from Ann.

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Pay-monthly/WWE-mobile-unauthorised-billing-of-my-account/td-p/25677...

You can enable the incoming premium rate bar easily and quickly through your online account or by contacting Customer Services.  Please see here : Support - Premium Rate Bars

dguk

PM Connect Ltd have been replying to emails, but have not covered all the costs and losses incured

This forum has another bug, it prevents me from sharing their email address

PM Connect Ltd  03301224968

support AT pmconnect.co.uk