Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Waiting on hold for 55mins and counting

TiredofWaiting
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Now been waiting 55mins for customer services on hold. Guess I’ll be cancelling my contract rather than renewing...

21 REPLIES 21

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Sucker I'm sorry to hear you haven't had a response. Please let me know the reference number you will have received, when you followed the steps in the private message. It'll appear in the subject line of the automated email response and looks something like this [#12345678]. I'll then be able to ensure we've received this 😊

The reference number was Re: EFT195 [#20620086] I sent several hours yesterday on chat and 191 sessions, no result I remain unconnected after 13 days. 

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Thanks for providing those details @Sucker - one of our team will be in touch as soon as possible. 

That's good news, I am looking forward to direct contact, just one point however, it's now 14 days since porting my number, I still can't receive calls, I can't send or receive Txts. I spent nearly 4 hours on Sat 2 hours on Sunday. Without this mobile my disabled wife can't contact me. 

Loz
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Sucker It's disappointing to hear you've had this issue ongoing for this period of time, since requesting to bring your number over to us - I understand how important it is to stay connected. A member of our team will be in touch with you as soon as they can, to assist you further with this.

I have been waiting on hold for customer services operator for 2 hours and 14 min until I gave up to wait longer... Shame on you Vodafone UK!... Today is just the 4th day of my contract with Vodafone. I have never been a Vodafone costumer before. I am totaly disappointed...

As per Due-to-the-unprecedented-demand-on-our-call-centres-you-may-unfortunately-experience-longer-than-usu... 191 and Live Chat have longer response times @Milen-Velikov 

The Vodafone Social Media Teams help where they can via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Let's put this into a little bit of perspective.

So yes, it isn't great to sit in hold for an extended period of time. No-one would like it but using expressions such as 'shame on you' is absolutely unfair.

You're four days into your contract so you took it out during the COVID-19 situation so I would expect you to understand that things are different in the world right now.

Vodafone actually deserve a huge pat on the back for the customer support they're providing right now. After all, they've found a way to route your call to someone who will be working from home rather than from the usual contact centre or office. It may take longer but at least that means there is someone at the end of the phone to deal with your query.

Spare a thought for the person answering your call, as if you've been sat in a call queue for that amount of time then you can guarantee that agent has a split second between calls and will be back to back from the start to the end of their shift.

So depending on your query, why not utilize another form of contact. Send a message on Facebook or Twitter and someone will come back to you. 

If not, then keep on holding in the queue. Yes, it'll take a long time but they'll be happy to help once you get through.

I think the point here is that there's going to be extended lead times for most companies. All are dealing with their own unprecedented challenges and I think Vodafone are actually an example of a company getting it right. 

I absolutely love the fact that when you call Vodafone, you wait longer but you speak to an agent who is working from the safety of their own home. 

I expected to hear from you at least one "sorry", instead of giving me an offensive response. If COVID-19 situation affects your customer services centre, you should extend the cooling period from 14 days to a month. I can not utilize another form of contact, because I decided to cancel my contract, which can be done only via 191, or via cancelation form sent by mail. I will renew my conract with O2, which is due on 15th May. I had to wait just 5-8 min, when I contacted O2 customer services a week ago. It is not acceptable a customer services operator to say that it is normal a customer to be put on hold 2 hrs and 14 min in any unprecedented national situation. I wish customer services of Vodafone get better.