Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Warranty repair replacement phone

mcc28x
4: Newbie

Hi

My replacement phone needs a repair but the Vodafone shop are saying it will be chargeable. The phone is the Vodafone smart platinum 7 the original was repaired in April but found to be irepairable and replaced it is the replacement that now needs repairing. 

I have a 24 month contract which runs until December this year. The shop say that as I've had one warranty repair this repair is now chargeable.

Doesn't sound right to me surely as it's still within 24months it should be free?

Thanks in advance

Mark

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @mcc28x

If this is the White Rose Centre Store in Leeds where you had the previous warranty issue, this should not have happened and the Manager should be fully aware that Vodafone give a 24 month device warranty.  If  the store are giving out this incorrect information to you, there are probably many other customers being misadvised and charged incorrectly by the store.  If you have any problems, point the store advisor to this link.

https://support.vodafone.co.uk/Account-bill-and-top-up/Repairs-Warranty-and-Insurance/Warranty-and-i...

View solution in original position

6 REPLIES 6

Getafix
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

That is definitely not the case.

Your replacement phone is under the same length of Warranty as your original Purchase.

I would go back to the Shop and speak to the Manager. If they still say no, then ask to put it in writing and come back here. The Forum team can arrange to have the device collected and also feedback to the Shop on the correct procedure.

AnnS

Hi @mcc28x

If this is the White Rose Centre Store in Leeds where you had the previous warranty issue, this should not have happened and the Manager should be fully aware that Vodafone give a 24 month device warranty.  If  the store are giving out this incorrect information to you, there are probably many other customers being misadvised and charged incorrectly by the store.  If you have any problems, point the store advisor to this link.

https://support.vodafone.co.uk/Account-bill-and-top-up/Repairs-Warranty-and-Insurance/Warranty-and-i...

Hi 

Manythanks for the reply. It was Dewsbury shop who gave me this advice.

The problem seemed to be on the returns system where they put the IMEI no. of the replacement phone, it must be reconditioned and shows as being out of warranty, but my original phone presumably would not be if I had the IMEI no. (which I don't).

To be honest just feels like really poor customer service. It would be great if an vodafone staff could confirm and then I don't need to get embroiled in further discussions at the shop!

kind regards

Adam
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @mcc28x this doesn't sound right to us either. As long as you're still inside your warranty period, I don't see a problem with getting it repaired as long as it falls under the warranty eligibility. I've attached a link here where you can view what is covered in warranty for the 24 month period. Please let us know if you need any further assistance from us. 

Hello, my phone got damaged in transit and the Vodafone store are telling me that its chargeable..... is this right? I took the contract out on June 2018

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

@DANBOY102, I've replied to your message here