Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

What a Joke!

AGNES33
2: Seeker

Worst mobile company I have ever been with. I took a contract out with them for my Google Nexus 6p, that was due to end after 2 years.

Firstly, they overcharged my monthly bill even though it was agreed in my contract that I'd have free texts and calls. They charged me £130 at the time of the overcharges, when selling me the contract they conviently put £45 in red bold to attract customers.

I had to phone them multiple times, with my call being diverted to different departments of course, to fix the overpayments. There was absolutely no chance they were going to contact me. The issue was resolved but I didn't get my money back. In fact when I demanded to leave them after a year of bad service, they requested that I pay over £800 to finish the contract early.

After the 2 year contract which cost me well over £800, more like £3000, they put me straight into a rolling contract. So, a phone that I had paid off I was now paying £85 for a month. When I ended the rolling contract, which they failed to contact me about too and I had the pleasant bill being debited from my account, they demanded that I paid £85 for a 30 day notice period.

Enough is enough surely?! I refused to pay the notice period and cancelled the direct debit from account and now they have defaulted my credit score for £85. I can't even get monthly bills for my gas and electricity because of Vodafone! They sent threatening letters to me about debt collection also if I didn't pay the £85.

What a joke! No wonder Richard Branson is a millionare because he is ripping off folk and if they, with clear justice, refuse to pay, his company sends out debt collectors and damages people's credit history.

Honestly, learn from me and never pick Vodafone for any of your services! 

13 REPLIES 13

AGNES33

My honest mistake about Richard Branson, but I'm not apologising to Vodafone! 

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @AGNES33

When you had the contract, with the price being £45.00 this would probably have been a discounted contract and when you logged onto your online account, you would have seen the contract at the full price prior to discount with the discount subtracted from the final amount and credited back.  Vodafone cannot charge extra on a monthly contract without a valid reason.  If you were being charged extra for calls you would either have been exceeding your monthly allocation or the calls you were making were not standard mobile and landline numbers and charged as out of bundle.  Any out of bundle charges would have been itemised on your online bill at the time.

Contracts are for a minimum term and as the account holder, until you contact the network and request cancellation the contract will roll over on a month to month basis.  As per the terms and conditions, contracts are subject to 30 days notice.

Unfortunately, when you stopped the direct debit you would have still been in contract, Vodafone would have tried to contact you on the number asking you to clear the account and when there was no response, the account would have been defaulted as a forewarning to your other creditors as to how you manage your affairs.  At this point any network would have treated you the same. 

The default will drop off after 6 years, however, you still owe the money.  If you contact one of the credit reference agencies, they will be able give advise on how this can be paid and information on the agency where the debt is registered.  At least you will then be in a postion to rebuild your credit rating.

Even with the comment in your last paragraph praising Virgin Mobile, one of the Virgin companies, the comment about Richard Branson is uncalled for and does not belong on the Vodafone forum,

Oh yes, I do profusely apologise to Richard Branson. My honest mistake!

However I believe you are very much mistaken. Vodafone admitted fault to the overcharges on numerous occasions. It was in the package free texts and calls to UK mobiles, but I was being charged. They eventually, after numerous calls, fixed the mistake that was completely their fault  It will be all in my record if you wish to look. It's unbelievable I have to prove it but again that's Vodafone.

Yes, the rolling contract was in the small print of my original contract and never mentioned once until I left.

I have been contacted by 02 and Virgin, ironically, about the end of contracts and what how I wish to proceed. Not a word from Vodafone, but yes they did come looking for their £85 through emails. Funny that. 

AnnS

@AGNES33

Sorrry if I was rather blunt.

Did you ever get the money refunded for the overcharge?  If the bill was incorrect, Vodafone should have credited back and refunded.

I would suggest letting the Team here look at the account but the problem is it will be long cancelled.

Worst mobile company I have ever been with. I took a contract out with them for my Google Nexus 6p, that was due to end after 2 years.

Firstly, they overcharged my monthly bill even though it was agreed in my contract that I'd have free texts and calls. They charged me £130 at the time of the overcharges, when selling me the contract they conviently put £45 in red bold to attract customers.

I had to phone them multiple times, with my call being diverted to different departments of course, to fix the overpayments. There was absolutely no chance they were going to contact me. The issue was resolved but I didn't get my money back. In fact when I demanded to leave them after a year of bad service, they requested that I pay over £800 to finish the contract early.

After the 2 year contract which cost me well over £800, more like £3000, they put me straight into a rolling contract. So, a phone that I had paid off I was now paying £85 for a month. When I ended the rolling contract, which they failed to contact me about too and I had the pleasant bill being debited from my account, they demanded that I paid £85 for a 30 day notice period.

Enough is enough surely?! I refused to pay the notice period and cancelled the direct debit from account and now they have defaulted my credit score for £85. I can't even get monthly bills for my gas and electricity because of Vodafone! They sent threatening letters to me about debt collection also if I didn't pay the £85.

What a joke! No wonder Richard Branson is a millionare because he is ripping off folk and if they, with clear justice, refuse to pay, his company sends out debt collectors and damages people's credit history.

Honestly, learn from me and never pick Vodafone for any of your services

What has Richard Branson got to do with anything? this all boils down to you being a bit stupid I think!

I have apologised already about the Richard Branson comment.

Convenient you ignored to comment on the rest of the message. 

convenient? convenient for who? - you really are a bit dim.....

I'll explain this a little more clearly for you. 

It is not of great amusement to me at all that I have a bad credit score now, someone who has mortgage and a young baby in the house and can't afford their heating or to switch, all because of a measly sum of £85. This is especially hurtful due to the fact they overcharged me for months at a time (over £120 each month) for free calls and texts to UK numbers, when it was stated in the contract that they would be free.

I cancelled one direct debit which was in the notice period. I adhered to the contract but they didn't - hence all my frustration.

Let's see if this post gets deleted too.