Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

What a Joke!

AGNES33
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Worst mobile company I have ever been with. I took a contract out with them for my Google Nexus 6p, that was due to end after 2 years.

Firstly, they overcharged my monthly bill even though it was agreed in my contract that I'd have free texts and calls. They charged me £130 at the time of the overcharges, when selling me the contract they conviently put £45 in red bold to attract customers.

I had to phone them multiple times, with my call being diverted to different departments of course, to fix the overpayments. There was absolutely no chance they were going to contact me. The issue was resolved but I didn't get my money back. In fact when I demanded to leave them after a year of bad service, they requested that I pay over £800 to finish the contract early.

After the 2 year contract which cost me well over £800, more like £3000, they put me straight into a rolling contract. So, a phone that I had paid off I was now paying £85 for a month. When I ended the rolling contract, which they failed to contact me about too and I had the pleasant bill being debited from my account, they demanded that I paid £85 for a 30 day notice period.

Enough is enough surely?! I refused to pay the notice period and cancelled the direct debit from account and now they have defaulted my credit score for £85. I can't even get monthly bills for my gas and electricity because of Vodafone! They sent threatening letters to me about debt collection also if I didn't pay the £85.

What a joke! No wonder Richard Branson is a millionare because he is ripping off folk and if they, with clear justice, refuse to pay, his company sends out debt collectors and damages people's credit history.

Honestly, learn from me and never pick Vodafone for any of your services! 

13 REPLIES 13

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

First of all posts don't get deleted here unless you've broken the rules but they do get moved if you've posted on more than one thread.

Secondly, you've got it the wrong way around. They adhered to the contract and you didn't. All mobile phone contracts are unending unless you specifically request their cancellation. By cancelling the direct debit you have put yourself in the wrong. I know this isn't what you want to hear but it is the truth. 

Good luck but there is little that can be done now alleviate your problems.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Yes I agree with you. 

But I must insist we both didn't abhere. They charged me for free UK calls and texts as stated in the contract that they drafted. Numerous attempts and a lot of calls by me finally fixed the issue.

I guess not paying the notice period was my little an anarchist strike against corporate greed as are these posts. Alas, I am now paying for it. I'll have to live with my credit score. But hey, I just thought I'd give a finger to the man and try and bring Vodafone down a notch or two ✌️ 

jeffkinn
Unfortunately you can't do that to a monolithic entity with millions of customers. Everything is automated and people are not involved. Only the customer suffers.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Which is why I'm not on the phone shouting at an innocent person who gets paid minimum wage to deal with Vodafone customers. It's not their fault. 

If only we lived in an ideal world is the conclusion of my personal anarchy.