Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

What is a datA bonus

JOHNBARRATT1995
4: Newbie

Hi there i wonder if you can help me I've recently renew my contract with Vodafone and i agree to 18gb but i want on the live chat earlier to see if i can get something out of them for renewing my contract and they've given me an extra 2gb of data and it is under bonus data what does that mean because when I look on my tariff it is still saying 18gb does that mean I am now getting 20gb every month? I don't understand any ideas? 

Kind regards John

6 REPLIES 6

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @JOHNBARRATT1995

When Vodafone offer extra data on a monthly contract, they take a standard tariff and add on the extra as extra data. As this is an extra on top of the standard data which comes with the price plan, your online account will show the standard data allowance but you will also be able to see the extra data as extra 2GB data. You  will use the data which comes with the standard price plan first when this has been used, you will use the extra 2gb data.

You will see the extra data as an extra allowance at the end of the bill as 2gb extra data.

When you receive your next bill if you need further clarification live chat or customer services will be able to help. 

Thank you for confirming that because I thought I was paying extra for it do you think I should give them a call to make sure it's Free?

Kind regards John 

and I also got this message. 

Hello. Just to let you know we've now added your free 2GB UK data extra as a little thank you for choosing us. Remember, you'll keep this free monthly extra data allowance until you decide to upgrade or change your plan. We hope you enjoy using it.

AnnS

Hi @JOHNBARRATT1995

With the text message confirming the extra data  you don't have anything to be concerned about. 

If you have the my Vodafone application, my plan overview > your plan and extras, you will be able to see the extra data and the price plan you are now on as your confirmation. 

When you receive the next bill this will be clearer but please remember the pro ratered billing dates to bring you in line with your upgrade.   This means you will only receive a pro ratered data allowance up to your billing date.

Please see the link below for further information.

Why is my bill different after I’ve upgraded or changed my plan, or added or removed an additional l...

Hi everyone just to give you a quick update.

I called Vodafone the this morning just to confirm and they have told me that the 2GB of data is completely free and will be part of my tariff till I decide to upgrade or change my price plan.

Thank you all for replying to my post tho kind regards John.

Hi @JOHNBARRATT1995

What Vodafone have told you points towards the extra data being added on. 

However for peace of mind please do phone customer services on 191 or use Live Chat and they can access your account and help you further with this. 

Up to now you've spoken to fellow customers on the forum who have no access to your account to confirm. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.