cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

When did the forum stop being a help channel?

donnyguy
16: Advanced member

I was surprised to learn on my most recent post that the eForum team no longer help with account based issues (which to be fair is the reason why most people come here and post). 

I'm fully on board with the idea of peer to peer assistance (and there's some great people offering some great solutions) but the forum has always been my preferred channel for communicating with Vodafone, mainly because there's less user effort required and the team have aways been great. 

LiveChat as a channel has never been great from a personal perspective. I've actually tried to initiate a chat several times over the last few days over a simple issue yet always get the 'all agents are busy' message and sent round in a loop.

The idea that the forum team no longer deal with account issues would indicate that Vodafone are either trying to cut costs (and the same on Live Chat) or genuinely don't recognise the excellent work the team have contibuted over the last decade.

As a customer who you've helped on many occasions - thank you. You've been brilliant!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

63johnw
17: Community Champion

Totally agree @donnyguy  and this has been expressed to Vodafone by several people !

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers

The Social Media Team , the Community Champions and fellow members all still help and advise here @donnyguy 

It's just that dealing with account based issues is now dealt via other channels which as far as I'm aware has been put in place to give the account holder better support.

When I first joined the Vodafone Community Forum it was also the case that account issues needing access was deal with only by telephone support or Live Chat so people were redirected.

It's really only been recent that this was changed to the team here helping with account access issues.

It's basically changed back with the inclusion of the Social Media Teams assisting via Twitter and Facebook.

It is a shame we now have to direct a person to Vodafone Support via Social Media or to 191 or Live Chat as a person I assume has found the forum, signed up to reach out for assistance and then are directed to other avenues.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

63johnw

Totally agree @donnyguy  and this has been expressed to Vodafone by several people !

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey @donnyguy, just to clear things up. We are the Social Media team here on the Vodafone Community, so we still deal with account based issues; we just direct customers to one of our other social channels as it makes for a smoother experience. We can pick up queries faster and the platform is much more user friendly. 

You're still more than welcome to post and other member's of the community, along with our awesome Community Champions can help. Then if we need to access your account, you can contact us via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or get in touch on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK.

donnyguy

I disagree with the view that helping with account related issues was a recent thing and this is just going back to how things were.

From a personal perspective, this forum has been my chosen method of contact with Vodafone for many years and you've intervened and sorted out a whole range of issues for me along the way.

Not sure I'd agree that being re-directed to re-post your issue somewhere else (I mean, what about the people who don't have Facebook or Twitter?) is a smoother experience. It's basically doubling user effort.

However I can't deny that the Community Champions are awesome. Perhaps you should look into getting them system access... they might actually stop you being the most complained about network :Cry_Laughing: