Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Who is number 08080996746 ?

railwayman3
4: Newbie

I keep getting calls from this number, to the extent that I no longer answer them.   I have just called it back and a recorded message tells me it's a "Courtesy Call from Vodafone".

Is this correct?   (If so, it's not courteous to keep ringing in this way!).

(And it's not courteous to keep you waiting 10 minutes on the so-called help line, then cut you off !)

As a Vodafone shareholder, I'm not impressed.........

18 REPLIES 18

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @railwayman3

This is a courtesy call from Vodafone.  Please see the list of numbers Vodafone use on the link below.

Support - Is it Vodafone calling?

If you no longer wish to receive marketing calls, please use Live Chat to opt out.

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi there

That is a Vodafone sales number and they would be calling to offer you additional products or services.

If you would like to opt out of these calls, you would need to either call up or use LiveChat and they will help you unsubscribe. 

PWIAC

AnnS and drey-p  -  Thanks for your answers and help....I'll try to go in through Live Chat and try to stop these calls, since, as I said, I tried the help line, and was cut off after waiting over 10 minutes.

I don't like having time wasted by any sales calls......I'm quite capable of deciding if and when I need new products or services of any kind, and I make a point of never buying anything, business or personal, from unsolicited calls.   (So that's Vodafone off the short list for my new system for my business later in the year.....).

And now Live Chat doesn't work !   Is Vodafone actually a telecommunications company, or a circus ?  :smileymad:

AnnS

Thanks, Ann.   But that's the link I tried (after much searching on VF's site!), and it just gives a grey blank window with the words "Live Person" and a padlock....have left it on over 15 minutes, but nothing or no-one appears !

Hi

please try the link in my signature below from a computer. Clear your caches and cookies and or try another browser. 

Also if your phone has call / text blocking facilities you could add the numbers to it. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks, Band of Brothers.   But still exactly the same grey screen as before.  (Cashes and cookies all cleared, PC re-booted, 3 different browsers tried, and also tried on second PC).

You're welcome. 

Weird as I've tried the same link on my iPad and MacBook Air and it works. 

Have you considered my option on adding the numbers to a blocking list > Handset dependant. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.