Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Who is number 08080996746 ?

railwayman3
4: Newbie

I keep getting calls from this number, to the extent that I no longer answer them.   I have just called it back and a recorded message tells me it's a "Courtesy Call from Vodafone".

Is this correct?   (If so, it's not courteous to keep ringing in this way!).

(And it's not courteous to keep you waiting 10 minutes on the so-called help line, then cut you off !)

As a Vodafone shareholder, I'm not impressed.........

18 REPLIES 18

Thanks, but still nothing.   I will certainly put the number on my blocking list, but I shall still be leaving VF.....apart from the unsolicited calls, I'm not prepared to deal with a so-called telephone business that keeps customers waiting 10 minutes, then cuts them off (and today isn't the first time, by a long way!).

Not your fault, I know.

Hi.

I appreciate your stance.

The link in Message #2 shows all the numbers used by Vodafone. 

It maybe beneficial to add them all if your adamant you do not want to be contacted. 

Please take into consideration that not every Network provides the same signal strengths and Data Speeds everywhere, and in the same area. I assume to this point Vodafone have overall supplied a useable Service. Moving Networks may affect this this.

Take care. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Singlelaw
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I keep getting these. If Vodafone thinks "livechat" is a lawful method of opting out of unsolicited calls they need to take advice from a data protection solicitor or call the Information Commissioner's office. Opt out has to quick and take seconds - like unsubscribe to an email. Livechat does not comply with GDPR in my view.

As I don't answer calls just about ever on my mobile I have not had to speak to anyone thankfully but I have never agreed to receive calls from this number.

ToniCa
13: Advanced Member

@Singlelaw wrote:

I keep getting these. If Vodafone thinks "livechat" is a lawful method of opting out of unsolicited calls they need to take advice from a data protection solicitor or call the Information Commissioner's office. Opt out has to quick and take seconds - like unsubscribe to an email. Livechat does not comply with GDPR in my view.

As I don't answer calls just about ever on my mobile I have not had to speak to anyone thankfully but I have never agreed to receive calls from this number.

This is a fairly old thread you've resurrected - you don't need to go via Live Chat, who I wouldn't expect to be particularly good for this purpose.

You'll find the privacy controls for your account on http://www.vodafone.co.uk/privacysettings - this takes you to the Marketing Controls settings of your account, and gives all the controls you're likely to need. Indeed, it covers a couple of things I hadn't thought of, which probably explain the occasional "leakage" of a rather baffling selection of contacts I get from Vodafone.

That is very helpful.

On that link I have turned everything that can be turned to off off so hopefully I won't keep getting these 08080 996746 calls any more.

I very much doubt I ever opted in by the way as I always set options to opted out but anyway if this is cured it that's great.  Thank you for your help.

ToniCa
13: Advanced Member

I turned off a minor thing that was still showing as On - I got the ritual warning that they might have advertising already on the stocks, so it could take 28 days, but I'd hope that they don't set up their phonecalls 28 days in advance!

Answered the call after many missed calls from this number and it was Vodafone saying they wanted to review my plan to see if there was a better offfer for me. I told the advisor named Mohammed that I was at work so could he call back later to which he replied "can you not spare me 2 or 3 minutes" to which I told him no I am at work.....he then said "but you picked up the phone didnt you sir" Cheeky bloody git! Slammed the phone down after a few choice words to him. Terrible treatement of a long standing customer......if i tell them its not a good time because I am at work they should respect that!

Exactly. I have to answer work calls or I don't get customers but that does not mean I am free to chat to my mother, vodafone or anyone else. In fact I tend not to want to deal with any utility or other provider by telephone and most of my real work is done by email as calls take up too much time.

Whorangme
1: Seeker

I usually just search on https://www.whorangme.co.uk to report the phone number and it always searches for the company who rang me.