main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Pay monthly

Why am I being bombarded with system text messages?

SOLVED
View solved solution
2: Seeker

My Galaxy S8 is being bombarded with "It looks like you’ve swapped your SIM or updated your software. If you want to continue using data and picture messaging, you’ll need to update your settings. We’ll send you these by text shortly." text messages.  I have received about 40 so far today. It's absolutely stupid. I have had to switch the phone off.

I have phoned 191 twice and each time they say the messaging has been stopped. I have been to a Vodafone shop and spoke to a totally none plus staff member.

I have been with Vodafone since they first started and at this point I'm not a very happy customer.

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

Hi @Mikealan

You should only get the message when you have removed and changed the SIM or updated the software. Usually a reboot solves the problem and stops the automated messages. 

If the annoying messages continue, you may be looking at getting a new SIM card from a Vodafone Store or as a last resort a factory reset of the phone.

View solution in original position

View more options
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

Hi @Mikealan

You should only get the message when you have removed and changed the SIM or updated the software. Usually a reboot solves the problem and stops the automated messages. 

If the annoying messages continue, you may be looking at getting a new SIM card from a Vodafone Store or as a last resort a factory reset of the phone.

View solution in original position

View more options

Thanks for your reply,

I shall try a reboot and if that doesn't work a factory reset and failing that, a new sim.

Will let you know here which worked so others may benefit from the advice.

View more options

Hi AnnS

Thanks for your help.

A simple reboot has cured the persistant and annoying system message.

I now know to reboot the phone following a systems update or Sim Card change.  Also advice to anyone else with the same problem.

View more options