cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Why can't an 18 month data SIM-only contract be upgraded?

cippico
4: Newbie

I just spoke to a Vodafone representative about upgrading a 100GB/mo to Unlimited and had verbal agreement that this would go ahead. I then got a text to say that it is not possible to upgrade an 18 month contract! Can the left hand talk to the right hand please!!! 😖

Please can someone tell me how I achieve this?

2 REPLIES 2

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @cippico 

Vodafone only provide 12 month/24  month or 30 day contracts. Vodafone used to do preloaded data SIM's where the data was valid for 6/12 and I believe 18 months, I presume these are now a retired product, I certainly can't find them anywhere but that doesn't sounds like the plan you are referring to.

That may be the reason for Vodafone being unable to upgrade the product to unlimited and you will need a new pay monthly data SIM from here: Data SIM . If you are going to consider one of these plans, look at the speed, you will receive the fastest speed possible with the unlimited max tariff.

Thanks for replying, AnnS.

I eventually chatted online with a representative who simply changed the plan on my 18 month contract. It's a new contract, by the way. I only took it out at the end of June 2021.

Anyway, all good now. Shame one has to jump through multiple hoops to get there.

Thanks,

Andy.