cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Why won't Vodafone blacklist my lost/stolen phone?

Charoline
1: Seeker

Hi everyone :Smiling:

I unfortunately lost my phone last weekend. Called Vodafone with a few hours once it became clear it was not going to be returned and likely stolen, they have barred the sim but apparently will not blacklist the phone using the IMEI number. They said this needs to be done with the retailer (this is Sony). The insurance company told me it is well within Vodafone's remit to be able to blacklist the phone, and they need proof of this to continue with the claim.  I don't understand why they won't do this, my insurance isn't even with Vodafone it's another company! Has anyone else has a similar issue or any advice?

Thanks!!

3 REPLIES 3

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Charoline So we're able to look into this with you, please contact us using the information in the private message I've sent. 

emmab0911
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello! Having the exact same issue! I've asked 3 seperate times now for my phone to be blacklisted, each time the staff whole heartedly promise me it's been done..each time it isn't done and i'm once again sent proof of purchasing with 'Date of Blacklisting - N/A'. It really is so frustrating as this is holding up me receiving a new device from my insurance. Please help! 

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @emmab0911 😊

We'd be more than happy to assist with the blacklisting of your phone and I do apologise for any misinformation you've had before. 

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch with our team directly.