cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Wi-Fi Calling on Business plans - not available, apparently - despite previously having it

3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Does anyone on a business plan have Wi-Fi calling enabled?

I have eight lines on my account. The line I use was coming up for renewal and I moved it to a SIM-only plan. I was using a Samsung Galaxy S7 and had Wi-Fi calling enabled and working without any issues. It didn't cross my mind that my new (non-Red) SIM-only plan wouldn't support it, so I've upgraded back to a Red plan as Wi-Fi calling happens to be useful for me in a certain location where there's no Vodafone signal and Sure Signal is not an option.

Upon upgrading the plan back to Red, I specificaly asked for Wi-Fi calling to be re-enabled, which it was. I know this because (bizzarely) 1471 never worked when Wi-Fi calling was enabled on the account, it comes up with "The last caller number information service is not available for your subscription" instead. When Wi-Fi Calling was disabled on the SIM-only plan, 1471 worked again as normal.

So, Wi-Fi Calling was re-enabled and 1471 is no-longer available, but Wi-Fi Calling is not present in my phone settings. So after a bit of Googling, I found you can enable Wi-Fi calling by texting "CALLING" to 97888. So I did and recieved a text message back an hour later to say Wi-Fi Calling has been enabled.

Cue a few reboots and no settings option to enable Wi-Fi Calling in the phone settings again, so I called 191 and got through to technical support.

To my surprise, the (un)delightful CS person insisted that Wi-Fi Calling has never been available to business customers, and that she's positive of this because she "has worked at Vodafone for a long time", this despite the fact that I have actually been a user of it three months ago on the same plan I am now on again, and that it clearly says its available to business customers on Red plans: http://www.vodafone.co.uk/explore/network/network-improvements/wi-fi-calling/

Despite my insistence that I had it enabled, active and working for months, and that I'm not insane, the agent was insistent that it wasn't available. After she spoke to another technical team, she came back to say that it was just now available, but not on my "Y11" plan, just Red and Red Value plans, which apparantly I'm not on, despite my bill showing otherwise.

I've had a few calls to customer servies recently for various matters, and I have to say after being a customer for more than a decade, it might be time to whittle down my lines over the next 24 months and go elsewhere. Vodafone's customer service is amazling inconsistent and I have recently come accross some frankly rude agents.

In the meantime, it would be good to know if anyone else has it active on a business plan as now I'm having to resort to a VoIP facility at times, which isn't ideal as it uses a different number.

8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

The Hi @6425

Somethings not right.  :Sad_face:

This eforum is owned and monitored by Vodafone U.K. We have members of the Vodafone Tech Team who are available to respond and Help where they can. They have the Vodafone logo next to their name. All posts are read by them.

Usually a person speaks to their business account manager when on a business account. 

Hang in there and I'm sure they'll be in touch to hopefully give general advice. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thank you. I was hoping that would be the case as I'm approaching the end of my teather with Vodafone CS and are considering going down the formal complaint route for this and other recent CS issues.

BandOfBrothers

You're welcome.  :Smiling:

The Vodafone Tech Team don't as far as I'm aware have access to business accounts. But hopefully they'll be able to assist. 

Vodafone do have a specific number to ring to raise concerns. 

Vodafones Complaints number [Removed by admin]

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Re.: "Usually a person speaks to their business account manager when on a business account."

I asked my account manager to advise on upgrading back onto the Red Plan for Wi-Fi calling and didn't get a reply until I asked him to follow it up a month later, following which he sent me irrlevant upgrade dates on my lines which were wrong.

I previously had a course of two months worth of emails to get a simple line/phone upgrade sorted with him.

I have since asked for a new account manager, or to be moved back to not having one at all. I was told that request takes 48 hours, and more than a week later, the same guy is still my account manager.

I've gotten to the point where I'm demanding to speak to the regular CS teams on 191.

I am beyond frustrated with Vodafone business, and are at the point where I'm willing to pay to move away.

AnnS

Hi @6425

The Team on the forum won't be able to help, they will only redirect you to the Business Team for account access.

WiFi calling is available on business premier plans, when you contact the Business Team, they should know exactly the tariff needed for WiFi calling.  If you use the contact us link and choose business, this will get you through to the correct Team.

Per by thread - I'm not getting anywhere with said business teams. I shall have to go down the formal complaint route.

Retired-Sarah_A
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @6425

My advise would be to speak to our Business team here

Thanks,

Sarah 

Sarah, with respect, its clear that I've called 191 a number of times, the same info per your link, effectively.