Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

WiFi Calling on iPhone 5 / 5s / 6

jraward
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, I've been with Voda in one form or antoher for the past few years, skipped around a bit but always had one line with them.

I recently added another as the salesperson said that WiFi calling would be available on my phone (iPhone 6). Being such a good offer I signed up - I currently have EE and use WiFi calling with no issues.

I then looked at the specs for WiFi calling on the website and it says that it is only available on 6s/7/SE phones.

I asked 3 Voda reps whether my devices will be supported and 2 CATEGORICALLY said they are - for 6, 5s AND 5. The third said it was coming soon.

I asked the question on iPhone 5 as a bit of a test because as far as I'm aware the 5 doesn't support it at all, it's 5c and later - see the attached screenshot for the transcript.

I'm hoping someone can tell me I've done something wrong, as after the chap said he was activating it for me on both my connections nothing has changed. My hunch is that it is not supported on these phones as per the Voda literature.

Now unless someone can tell me that other forum posts dating from early 2015 where Vodafone said 'coming soon to iPhone 5s/6' are actually from 2016, then I hold out zero hope that it will ever come to these phones.

Although I've been given a cracking deal, I don't see how I'm expected to trust a company that will so willingly give out what I want to hear, and not the truth. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

You have been misinformed.  :Sad_face:

Wifi Calling is only available on the iPhone 6s onwards. 

http://www.vodafone.co.uk/explore/network/network-improvements/wi-fi-calling/

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers

Hi,

You have been misinformed.  :Sad_face:

Wifi Calling is only available on the iPhone 6s onwards. 

http://www.vodafone.co.uk/explore/network/network-improvements/wi-fi-calling/

Current Phone  >

63johnw
Hi. It has been confirmed it will not be coming to older iPhones, only the 6S and newer ones.

jeffkinn

Vodafone does NOT support Wi Fi calling on any iPhone prior to the 6S and, although I have no specific inside knowledge, I've heard enough over the last year or more to make me believe that it will never extend Wi Fi calling down to the 6. 

As you say, the Vodafone website and articles makes it abundantly clear that it's only the 6S or higher. Why a CS person would give you a different story is beyond me.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

I thought as much, I was strung along previously by Vodafone when they told me visual voicemail was 'coming soon' - never to transpire.

Thanks for the clarification, I just with the CS people knew as much as the community which seem far more eager to help out.

I think I'll be moving myself, wife and mum over to EE now, there's little to keep our business here especially with such dreadful service.

BandOfBrothers

You're welcome. 

Have you checked that EE supply good signal where you live, work and commute. My advice is not to rely on online network checkers but instead try out Payg SIM cards. 

Its free to unlock your phone if it's locked to the network and you meet the required criteria. > Unlocking.

Current Phone  >