Ask

Solution

WiFi calling no longer working

Blakey1977
2: Seeker

Hello

i have an iPhone X on iOS 12.1.2 and Vodafone version 35.0

I have a bad signal at home but have been using WiFi calling without any issues for over a year. Now, for the last few weeks, my phone stays on Vodafone UK, albeit only one blip of signal strength. I cannot make calls as no one can hear what I’m saying. 

Any ideas why I am no longer getting WiFi calling?

we have another iPhone X in the house on Vodafone. Same issue. 

Nothing has changed with our broadband...same service, router and speeds we are getting are still about 60mbps so no change there. 

Thank you

14 REPLIES 14

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Have you changed your tariff or plan recently? If yes you need to make sure that the new plan allows WiFi calling - they don't all include that facility. 

Either way you'll need to speak to customer services to get WiFi calling re-enabled on your account.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

I’ve been with Vodafone since July so I’m in the same contract. Nothing has changed in the last two weeks since WiFi calling seems to have stopped working. 

Coddy2910

Did you ever sort out this issue? The same thing has happened to me. iPhone 8 and relied on WiFi calling for service at home - it stopped working all of a sudden. No plan change. No WiFi service change. It just stopped. I’ve turned both the phone and the “enabled WiFi” toggle on and off. I’m very frustrated bc my phone effectively doesn’t work now.

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey @Coddy2910, it's strange that your Wi-Fi Calling has suddenly stopped working. Have you recently updated your phone to iOS 13? 

Heya -- I actually updated it after the problem and it seems like it's maybe resolved? 

TJ

Oh, that's great @Coddy2910 😊 Keep us updated and let us know if everything's definitely fixed! 

Sorry for potentially hijacking this thread (should I start a new one?), but I have the same problem, i.e. WiFi calling suddenly stopped working today on my Vodafone Smart V10 / VFD 730 at my second base, where the mobile signal is weak or non-existent. The WiFi Call option is on, but the WiFi calling symbol no longer appears in the bar at the top next to the WiFi symbol, and WiFi calling doesn't kick in when I try and make or receive a phone call. I restarted the phone, to no avail :Hmm_Face: 

Thank you. 

DaneB
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @HerbEppel, Have you recently done a software update on your Vodafone Smart V10? Or is it due an update?

Thanks for your reply (not sure how to tag you in this reply, sorry).

I'm not aware of a recent software update on my Vodafone Smart V10 (apart from the usual automated app updates) and I'm not sure whether an update is due – how can I find out?

Having said this, I recently read that Android 10 is available, whereas I'm still on version 9. I assumed the phone would auto-update in due course, if it is indeed compatible with version 10?