Ask

Solution

WiFi calling no longer working

Blakey1977
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello

i have an iPhone X on iOS 12.1.2 and Vodafone version 35.0

I have a bad signal at home but have been using WiFi calling without any issues for over a year. Now, for the last few weeks, my phone stays on Vodafone UK, albeit only one blip of signal strength. I cannot make calls as no one can hear what I’m saying. 

Any ideas why I am no longer getting WiFi calling?

we have another iPhone X in the house on Vodafone. Same issue. 

Nothing has changed with our broadband...same service, router and speeds we are getting are still about 60mbps so no change there. 

Thank you

14 REPLIES 14

DaneB
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @HerbEppel, just hit the '@' sign and you'll see my name in a drop to tag me 😊 

Go into your settings and scroll down until you see Software Update, select this and it should say start software update. Please do this update and let me know if you're able to make WiFi Calls after this. I hope this helps.

Hi @DaneB, thanks for your further reply.

I don't get a dropdown menu (I'm writing this in the Chrome broswer on a Windows PC), so I tried tagging you manually – let's see whether it works.

Under "Software updates" I see an option to "Check for updates". The current version is 0-060FCG1.

The phone then tells me that the software is up-to-date and doesn't offer an update. My conclusion:

- either the phone isn't compatible with Android 10, or

- I have to update to Android 10 through some other route.

Thanks for your patience.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Thanks for getting back to us on the thread @HerbEppel :Thumbs_Up:
When switching your phone's Airplane Mode on does this allow the Wi-Fi Calling feature to kick in?

Hi @Natasha,

Thanks for your reply.

I went on an outing to Elgin (Scotland) today and took the opportunity to call in at the Vodafone shop there. One of the guys was very helpful. After playing around with my phone settings for a while he suggested – guess what!?  Switching the phone to Airplane Mode!  :Smiling:

Wi-Fi Calling does indeed kick in then (after switching Wi-Fi back on again), hurrah  :Smiley_face_with_shades:

Not ideal, because one then has to remember to disable Airplane Mode again, but a good workaround in situations where Wi-Fi Calling doesn't kick in automatically :Thumbs_Up:

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Great stuff @HerbEppel :Smiley_face_with_shades:

Glad to hear we were able to help and get your Wi-Fi Calling sorted for you! Switching your phone to Airplane Mode forces your phone to no longer attempt to connect to a network connection and pushes it to any available Wi Fi :Thumbs_Up: