main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Pay monthly

WiFi calling no longer working

2: Seeker

Hello

i have an iPhone X on iOS 12.1.2 and Vodafone version 35.0

I have a bad signal at home but have been using WiFi calling without any issues for over a year. Now, for the last few weeks, my phone stays on Vodafone UK, albeit only one blip of signal strength. I cannot make calls as no one can hear what I’m saying. 

Any ideas why I am no longer getting WiFi calling?

we have another iPhone X in the house on Vodafone. Same issue. 

Nothing has changed with our broadband...same service, router and speeds we are getting are still about 60mbps so no change there. 

Thank you

View more options
15 REPLIES 15
17: Community Champion

Have you changed your tariff or plan recently? If yes you need to make sure that the new plan allows WiFi calling - they don't all include that facility. 

Either way you'll need to speak to customer services to get WiFi calling re-enabled on your account.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

View more options

I’ve been with Vodafone since July so I’m in the same contract. Nothing has changed in the last two weeks since WiFi calling seems to have stopped working. 

View more options
17: Community Champion

Hi @Blakey1977

It may help refreshing WiFi calling on your phone.  This can be done by removing WiFi calling through My Vodafone wait 24 hours and setting up it up again from the beginning. 

If you still have problems, Customer Services will need to reenable WiFi calling on your account (as already mentioned by @jeffkinn) or wait for one of the Team to get to the thread and they will be able to help.

View more options

Did you ever sort out this issue? The same thing has happened to me. iPhone 8 and relied on WiFi calling for service at home - it stopped working all of a sudden. No plan change. No WiFi service change. It just stopped. I’ve turned both the phone and the “enabled WiFi” toggle on and off. I’m very frustrated bc my phone effectively doesn’t work now.

View more options

Hey @Coddy2910, it's strange that your Wi-Fi Calling has suddenly stopped working. Have you recently updated your phone to iOS 13? 

View more options

Heya -- I actually updated it after the problem and it seems like it's maybe resolved? 

View more options

Oh, that's great @Coddy2910 😊 Keep us updated and let us know if everything's definitely fixed! 

View more options

Sorry for potentially hijacking this thread (should I start a new one?), but I have the same problem, i.e. WiFi calling suddenly stopped working today on my Vodafone Smart V10 / VFD 730 at my second base, where the mobile signal is weak or non-existent. The WiFi Call option is on, but the WiFi calling symbol no longer appears in the bar at the top next to the WiFi symbol, and WiFi calling doesn't kick in when I try and make or receive a phone call. I restarted the phone, to no avail  

Thank you. 

View more options

Hey @HerbEppel, Have you recently done a software update on your Vodafone Smart V10? Or is it due an update?

View more options

Thanks for your reply (not sure how to tag you in this reply, sorry).

I'm not aware of a recent software update on my Vodafone Smart V10 (apart from the usual automated app updates) and I'm not sure whether an update is due – how can I find out?

Having said this, I recently read that Android 10 is available, whereas I'm still on version 9. I assumed the phone would auto-update in due course, if it is indeed compatible with version 10?

View more options

Hey @HerbEppel, just hit the '@' sign and you'll see my name in a drop to tag me 😊 

Go into your settings and scroll down until you see Software Update, select this and it should say start software update. Please do this update and let me know if you're able to make WiFi Calls after this. I hope this helps.

View more options

Hi @DaneB, thanks for your further reply.

I don't get a dropdown menu (I'm writing this in the Chrome broswer on a Windows PC), so I tried tagging you manually – let's see whether it works.

Under "Software updates" I see an option to "Check for updates". The current version is 0-060FCG1.

The phone then tells me that the software is up-to-date and doesn't offer an update. My conclusion:

- either the phone isn't compatible with Android 10, or

- I have to update to Android 10 through some other route.

Thanks for your patience.

View more options

Thanks for getting back to us on the thread @HerbEppel 
When switching your phone's Airplane Mode on does this allow the Wi-Fi Calling feature to kick in?

View more options

Hi @Natasha,

Thanks for your reply.

I went on an outing to Elgin (Scotland) today and took the opportunity to call in at the Vodafone shop there. One of the guys was very helpful. After playing around with my phone settings for a while he suggested – guess what!?  Switching the phone to Airplane Mode!  

Wi-Fi Calling does indeed kick in then (after switching Wi-Fi back on again), hurrah  

Not ideal, because one then has to remember to disable Airplane Mode again, but a good workaround in situations where Wi-Fi Calling doesn't kick in automatically 

View more options

Great stuff @HerbEppel 

Glad to hear we were able to help and get your Wi-Fi Calling sorted for you! Switching your phone to Airplane Mode forces your phone to no longer attempt to connect to a network connection and pushes it to any available Wi Fi

View more options