Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Wifi Calling Not working when IP address is not Natted

matt_richards
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi

It seems that if you do not NAT the IP address given out by wifi, wifi calling is rejected and no return packets are received - if we NAT the address, wificalling works and obviously changes the port from UDP500 to UDP4500.

Do Vodafone need to whitelist the IP range for this to work? and if so, why, when this archtecture works fine for EE.

Matt

40 REPLIES 40

chistery
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Are you saying that you are assigning a public IP address via wifi to your phone, and wifi calling doesn't work?

Are you saying that you are assigning a public IP address via wifi to your phone, and wifi calling doesn't work?

Yes, this is a corperate Wifi and we dish out public IPs for wireless (non RFC 1918). Other wificalling solutions work like EE or O2 just not Vodafone.

We would need to make sure the IP address is on our whitelist @matt_richards. Please provide the range being used and we'll be happy to check this for you.

Hi There,

I'm having the same problem, could someone from Voda please PM me in order to get my range added please?

I just spent 30 excruciating minutes with the call centre trying to get this done and they didn't have a clue what I was going on about! 

Thanks

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@R32PAN - We can check if it’s on our whitelist. If you’d prefer to provide the range privately, please send us your details by following the steps in this private message.

OK, I sent you my public IP range in a private message

Thanks

Adam
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Thanks for letting us know @R32PAN. We'll respond to your message to help with your query shortly. 

Could we get this sorted soon please?

I made contact almost a week ago and have contacted several people, by phone as well as on this forum.

So far, nothing! :Sad_face:

I'd really appreciate it if this gets fixed today since I'm pretty sure we know exactly what the problem is and how to fix it! 

Thanks in advance!

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

I'm really sorry to hear about the delay getting your IP whitelisted @R32PAN and apologise for any inconvenience this has caused 😞

When you contacted us using the form in the private message, we'll have sent you an automated email; just confirming that we'd received it. The subject line will have included a reference number - it'll look something like this [#1234567].

Please confirm this back to us and we'll be happy to chase your query up for you.