Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Wifi Calling Not working when IP address is not Natted

matt_richards
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi

It seems that if you do not NAT the IP address given out by wifi, wifi calling is rejected and no return packets are received - if we NAT the address, wificalling works and obviously changes the port from UDP500 to UDP4500.

Do Vodafone need to whitelist the IP range for this to work? and if so, why, when this archtecture works fine for EE.

Matt

40 REPLIES 40

Nope, I didn't get the reference number of which you speak!

I thought we we're getting somewhere with Gemma, where did she go? 

I sent her my IP range

Literally just wasted another 1/2 hour with your facebook chat person, still getting nowhere.

I've spent so long on this now that I'm actually losing the will to live.

I think I'm going to just install a cheap NAT router on my connection who's sole purpose in life will be to provide NAT on our connection so your super duper security is happy.

I suggest to anyone else who has the same issue in future, reads the first few posts of this thread and gets hopeful, DON'T!!  You are in for a huge disappointment trying to deal with this lot. They can not organise a "drinks party" in a brewery, even with a handbook entitled "This is how you throw a drinks party in a brewery" :Winking_smiley:

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Oh no, if you've not received the automated email @R32PAN, we never got your query 😞 I know how frustrating this must be and I apologise for all the inconvenience this has caused. 

I've sent you another private message out if you'd still like to get in touch with us; we'll be more than happy to help get this resolved for you once and for all.

Please try clearing your cache and cookies before completing the form, or sending it from a different browser as it didn't send last time.

It is indeed frustrating.

I followed the instructions on your PM

We have the same problem. No help from either technical nor account management contacts.

Hello to everyone that has this problem.

Here is my suggested workaround:

Create a policy on your firewall to only match traffic from your wireless to the Vodafone gateway (ePDG) on IPSec (UDP:500, UDP:4500) and NAT that traffic. Effectively you will be NATing public IP addresses, but that's ok as this is a very specific traffic.

The public IP addresses of Vodafone's Network gateway (ePDG) are:

The policy would be sth like this:

To: 88.82.11.208, 88.82.11.221

Service: IPSec (UDP:500, UDP:4500)

Action: NAT, Allow

Make sure you insert the policy before any other policy that would allow IPSec to those IPs (or "any").

Dear All

I have the same problem here. I have sent private messages to Gemma and Mark, but have not had any replies.

Please could you let me know what I need to do to get my IP address ranges added to your white list as it is affecting me and a number of my clients?

Many thanks

John

Don't waste your time, they will take a bunch of details off you over messages then ask you to call up and the person you speak to won't have a clue what you are going on about. You're just going to have to work around this like I did. Sorry! 

That's really disappointing isn't it? I had hoped that you had got it sorted already with them.

It just seems insane to have to NAT my network purely because of Vodafone!