Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Wifi Calling Not working when IP address is not Natted

matt_richards
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi

It seems that if you do not NAT the IP address given out by wifi, wifi calling is rejected and no return packets are received - if we NAT the address, wificalling works and obviously changes the port from UDP500 to UDP4500.

Do Vodafone need to whitelist the IP range for this to work? and if so, why, when this archtecture works fine for EE.

Matt

40 REPLIES 40

Nope, it drove me nuts, I spent hours on it over several days and then just gave up!

I gave up trying to get this resolved, it still does not work for us.

I feel that the Vodafone Forum is provided as a token support guesture, ticking a box so it looks like you provide great service - sadly this is not the case, unfortunately its too easy to ignore support requests and offers no ability to escallate issues.

Yes, it's a complete waste of time, there's no help here :Sad_face:

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey @jbsolutios, I'm sorry about the delay getting back to you. So one of our team can take a look into getting your IP addresses added to our whitelist, please contact us via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or get in touch on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK.

Please also provide a link to this thread, along with your username; this will save time and we’ll be able to help you quicker.

No, I have already spent too much of my valuable time on this, I'm not wasting any more, it's simply not worth it. My communication history through this forum has all the information you need to fix the issue if by some miracle a person with clue ever reads this!

Hi there

done - I sent all the info including the IP ranges via a Twitter DM. 

Please could you follow this up?

Thank you 

Hi @TJ 

• Why am I getting ignored, I am the thread starter and still after a year am no further forward to resolving this issue.
  • Why are you pushing customers to your twitter portal or facebook when you have a self maintained forum for this type of query?
  • Why dont I get a call from one of your many call centers?
  • Why cant you fix this in a customer focused way? pushing a customer to use another comms method when youve ignonred them on YOUR forum shouldnt be your answer, it should be - "Let me manage this for you, I will ensure I see it all the way through to completion for you sir/madam - we value you and your custom.

Matt

Complete farce isn't it. If I could be bothered I'd go to Ofcom but I just don't have the time to waste!

Loz
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@jbsolutios Thanks for sending over your details as we've requested. Rest assured, we'll assist you further with your query as quickly as possible - our team are working hard to respond to all of our customers. Thanks for your patience in the meantime. 

@matt_richards I'm really sorry that you feel you've been ignored - this definitely hasn't been intended. It's disappointing your query still hasn't been resolved yet, I understand how frustrating and unsatisfying this must be. There's been new processes put into place, for our customers to contact us on Facebook or Twitter. Doing this allows us to handle your query on a private chat, making it more secure for us to discuss your query.

Rest assured, the team that respond to you and help you with queries here over the forum, are the same team that work over Social Media (Facebook and Twitter). We'd love the opportunity to turn your experience around and help get the issue you're experiencing resolved, as quickly as possible. In order to do this, please contact our team via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or get in touch on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK. Don't forget to include the link to this thread, along with your username - this will save time and we’ll be able to help you quicker.

Hi

Can you send me a private message please and I will let you know the IP range that needs to be whitelisted.

Thanks

Matt