Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Wifi Calling allowed or not allowed?

wilf21
4: Newbie

Hi.  I've been using wifi calling on my iPhone 6s for a couple of years now.  This week I entered into a new sim only contract with Voda and I have found that wifi calling is now not allowed.  However, I received a text from Vodafone today saying, in effect "why don't you try wifi calling? It's included in your plan".  I couldn't activate it myself so I rang voda customer support yet again.  After a long time it was concluded that wifi calling cannot be activated because my plan doesn't allow it.  Yet the text says the plan does allow it!

Any idea what I should do now?

TIA,

Wilf

10 REPLIES 10

63johnw
17: Community Champion

Hi @wilf21 from the wifi calling page

To take advantage of Wi-Fi Calling, you need:

• A Pay monthly Red Extra or Red Entertainment plan, a Red or Red Value Bundle, Red+, Business Value, Business Extra, Business Premier or Business Black

Is yours one of these plans?

Understood, and I don't think I have one of those plans???? But their text says it IS allowed on my plan.

63johnw

I got a similar text at my upgrade even though my phone is not one of the supported devices.

That's interesting.  But why are they sending out such texts if they do not apply?  Not only confusing, but possibly illegal as they are offering something they then claim they are not offering!

BandOfBrothers

It may need re setting back up @wilf21

How-do-I-set-up-Wi-Fi-Calling-for-iPhone-SE-6s-6s-Plus-7-or-7-Plus.

Also check in your myvodafone that calling over WiFi is turned on. 

Speak to Customer Services on 191 or Live Chat and they can check your account settings too and eligibility. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks.  They tell me it's not allowed on my plan (and I can't set it up on my phone).  But they sent me a text saying it is allowed on my plan!!!!

BandOfBrothers

Can you upload a screen shot of the text you received obviously blurring out any personal information so the Social Media Team here can feed this back. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Here's a screen shot.  Thank you very much.

Wilf

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@wilf21 - Thanks for providing that. :Smiling:

So we can look into this further, I’ve sent you a private message with instructions on how to get in touch