Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Wifi calling

GStevens
4: Newbie

Just tried to get Wifi Calling set up on my iPhone SE as it told me to contact Vodafone.
First chat operative yesterday told me text CALLING to 97888. Text comes back "Thank you for activating Wifi Calling, we'll activate it within 24 hours and be in touch to let you know".

24hrs passes. No contact.

Speak to Vodafone on chat. First person says "i'll happily help you with this, and have now activated it". I tried it. No luck. I asked if I would get a confirmation text. "Yes, in 5-7mins". Text comes through "Dear customer, wifi calling is activated on your account. Kind regards, Vodafone."

Still no luck.

Contact Vodafone again.....advised "Wifi calling is only available on unlimited mins plans".

Talk about being lead round the houses by customer service! I'm trying to improve access to the Vodafone network by using a feature available on my phone, and my own wifi connection.....and yet Vodafone prevent this.

I've given up contacting Vodafone again about this having been lead round the houses but thought I'd post on here in case it helped anyone else in future.

1 REPLY 1

Getafix
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

You can switch it on online through My Vodafone.

Just log into your Account.

Go to Service and Extras, Call Options, and Wifi Calling is the First Option. Switch it on.

Then go to your phone setting and switch it on . You might have to restart your phone.