cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Won't get my new upgraded phone (lost parcel at DPD) Vodafone won't help!!!!

sllondon2018
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

So as nobody is trying to help me on the customer service... I am trying here! I upgraded my phone for 470£ on Wednesday. Was told the new phone would arrive Thursday. However the parcel is stuck at DPD depot for 3 days now. I contacted the chat online. They played with me during 45 minutes telling me that the parcel would arrive next Monday which I knew was wrong as a DPD parcel doesnt get stuck like that if there is no problem. they gave me numbers to dial... either not working or without operators, and they were telling me that Vodafone is not responsible if the parcel doesnt reach the client, but the client has to investigate himself!! I then called the customer service just to learn after 20 minutes that the parcel is actually LOST, and that I have to wait at least 4 to 5 days for DPD and Vodafone to make an investigation before sending a complaint and ordering a new phone!!!! I paid 500£ for something that may take weeks to arrive. I then requested to cancel my order straight away. Here is the answer: you can't cancel as the phone has been dispatched and is on its way... certainly lost but as long as DPD is not closing investigation, no cancellation possible. is is a big joke????? We are business clients spending 300 £ monthly for 2 lines only. be treated like that is an awful epxerience. We need this phone TO WORK!!!!!

21 REPLIES 21

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

So after the initial excitement of ordering a new phone your now expected to chase after both companies for a phone they've lost !

That's utter rubbish @sllondon2018

As this isn't a case of the phone being despatched and signed for and then gone missibv the onus is not on you to chase it up. 

Yes Vodafone will want to investigate with the courier due to the lost phone but that's between those two parties. That's what insurance is for isn't it !

Vodafone should just send out another phone to you. 

Your at the right place now to get help. 

Hang in there until a Vodafone Social Media Team member catches up with your post here. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks a lot for your warm welcome!!!!

After spending 2 hours with chat, phone this morning, it helps to keep calm to be honnest!

We need this phone for your job!!!! it is a big big issue for us!

Can you imagine the first service was asking me to go the DPD depot and drive 45 minutes???? to learn that it was lost! I really hope I will get help here and get the new phone ordered right now!

Thanks again for your message!

You are welcome. 

A Vodafone person needs to take ownership of this and bring it to resolution ie a phone sent out. 

Yes Vodafone and the courier have their behind the scenes processes which I'm sure we all understand but this should not in anyway hinder the customer in my option. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

The best way to deal with anything like this is to ensure you raise a formal complaint.  Say the words complaint, escalation, manager, etc.  regularly to ensure they know you won't be fobbed off.

Start following their complaints process. It's about the only way to get someone interested in helping nowadays. Live chat and calling will get you someone who is measured by the amount of calls they answer, not satisfied customers.

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/vodafone-uk/complaints/

Did you pay the dpd delivery charge? If so then ring Vodafone back up and state under Vodafone terms and conditions that small charge is for insurance that covers phone being lost by dpd and replacement withing 48 hours and is stated as so when paying said charge 

Hi thanks a lot for the advice! Unfortunately, I stated this but Vodafone doesn't want to hear. they ask me to wait until completion of FULL investigation with DPD. Litterally held as hostage of this investigation.... I read in the Conumer Right Act 2015 that this is apparently illegal. i sent them article. they just ignore... We moved our small company to Vodafone last year (previously Three). We have already spent more than 3000 pounds for the team!! a nice way to thank their clients I guess... the worst is we never got such issues with Three before. As soon as possible we'll move back to Three for sure but for now, I really need to have this phone... Have a great day all

I would then complain stating when charged the fee sales state its insurance and if phone does not arrive or is lost it will be replaced within 48 hours and customer relations are more than willing record calls so listen to them 

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I'm sorry to hear of the experience that you've had with your recent order @sllondon2018.

Our team will be happy to take a closer look into the progress of this for you.

As you're a Business customer, we do have some limited access to these accounts however we can raise this with the dedicated team if needed. So we can help, please follow the details I've provided in the private message I've sent and we can resolve things for you.

I did everything you asked some days NAtasha! No answer, nobody coming back to me. I tried to call customer service today like everyday for 10 days now... and now the answer is "we can't speak with you as you are not the account holder" is it a huge joke???????? THIS IS MY PHONE, THIS IS MY LINE, DPD LOST MY NEW HANDEST, NOBODY IS HELPING AND NOW VODAFONE EVEN DOESNT WANT TO ANSWER ME ON THE PHONE SAYING I AM NOT THE ACCOUNT HOLDER!!!!!!!!! What is the next step for me? A LAWYER????????