cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Won't get my new upgraded phone (lost parcel at DPD) Vodafone won't help!!!!

sllondon2018
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

So as nobody is trying to help me on the customer service... I am trying here! I upgraded my phone for 470£ on Wednesday. Was told the new phone would arrive Thursday. However the parcel is stuck at DPD depot for 3 days now. I contacted the chat online. They played with me during 45 minutes telling me that the parcel would arrive next Monday which I knew was wrong as a DPD parcel doesnt get stuck like that if there is no problem. they gave me numbers to dial... either not working or without operators, and they were telling me that Vodafone is not responsible if the parcel doesnt reach the client, but the client has to investigate himself!! I then called the customer service just to learn after 20 minutes that the parcel is actually LOST, and that I have to wait at least 4 to 5 days for DPD and Vodafone to make an investigation before sending a complaint and ordering a new phone!!!! I paid 500£ for something that may take weeks to arrive. I then requested to cancel my order straight away. Here is the answer: you can't cancel as the phone has been dispatched and is on its way... certainly lost but as long as DPD is not closing investigation, no cancellation possible. is is a big joke????? We are business clients spending 300 £ monthly for 2 lines only. be treated like that is an awful epxerience. We need this phone TO WORK!!!!!

21 REPLIES 21

Again tonight we tried to call.... I did it with my husband who is the 2nd holder of our account. Again the custoimer relations refused to speak with us. They are now saying that we need to provide a 4 pin code of our account. But we never set up such a code (by the way everybody in Vodafone was speaking to us without any code issue when we called to upgarde and buy a new phone.... surprising! ). So they are simply answering that they can't speak. So here is the situation: We paid 500£ a new phone 2 weeks ago. DPD lost the parcel. Vodafon said there were conducting an investigation. They asked us to wait until today to give us a final answer. Until today we were never bothered by any PIN code. Today, the day of final conclusion, of course nobody at Vodafone tried to call us. So we called the customer relations, and the answer is : you don't have any PIN code. We can't speak with you. So I understand now, that we were literrally stolen 500£ by Vodafone, and that there is no way to speak with anybody anymore.... Lost

Can you log into MyVodafone and set a pin up under Account Settings / Login Details?

Thanks a lot!! unfortunately I troed , I logged on but there is no area to set up a PIn code... so annoying and driving us crazy!

Thanks anyway!!

Maybe it's different then for business customers, sorry about that.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I understand how frustrating this is @sllondon2018, as we need access to your account to help, please contact us via the private message Natasha sent you on 11 April. If you've already contacted us, please let us know the case ref (looks like [#11234567]) from the auto response you received and we'll chase this for you.

Hi. did answer already to Natasha 10 days ago!!!! no follow up at all. My phone has been lost by DPD 3 weeks ago now, and there is nobody helping anymore. Vodafone even didn't refunded the next day delivery service!

My ref number is [Removed]

Just don't know what to do. We lost 500£ and apparently nobody at Vodafon will help us to be refunded.

Hard to believe that one the main british company is able to act that way

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove personal information, please see Community Guidelines]

As I said above, raise an official complaint, it's the only way to get a proper response.

Vodafone didn't top the table for the most complained about operator for no reason!

https://twitter.com/Ofcom/status/986514723033309184

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@sllondon2018 If you sent us an email following the link @Tash provided, you should've received an automated response with a reference number, confirming we've got it. 

The number you've provided is too short to be the email reference number and without accessing your account we can't look into this further. Please try sending us your email again - it may be best using an alternative email address, web browser or device to do this 😊 

I can assure you once we've received this, we'll be more than happy to help.

Hey, 

Did you get this sorted in the end? If so what was the outcome? Same thing has happened to me, they have lost my upgrade and google hub During delivery. Again need 5 day 'investigation' and with DPD. 

Clearly they have someone at DPD with sticky fingers. 

I was told by Voda i'd be compensated for this. Did you get any compensation?

Thanks

Wain

Khylie
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Exact same thing has happened to me.

DPD are investigating, I am giving them till Thursday if phone not found am going to the police.

been stuck at the cambuslang depo since the 8th November. 

Somethings not right.