Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Worst Customer Service Ever

kudos72
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Tried to leave Vodafone today listing a laundry list of issues one of which was that last renewal I was promised a £50 goodwill credit that never materialised.

I spoke to Torrie on the retentions team she acknowledged that the credit was promised and not honoured, however she would only promise to honour it if I agreed to a new contract effectively using a renegaded promise as ransom for a new contract.

I'm also shocked that you cannot serve a notice of more than 30 days and that it also takes exactly 30 notice of leaving so I have a single day for which I can actually leave. Try to serve more than 30 days notice and it will be refused, serve less and you get charge the out of contract price for a month. This can only be a deliberate attempt to overcharge customers. 

I am delighted to be leaving Vodafone, I've had a terrible experience with the services provided.

Hopefully potential future customers hit up the forums before being seduced by the introductory offers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tsathoggua
14: Advanced member
14: Advanced member

@kudos72 wrote:

I did ask for a PAC however they said that would trigger a cancellation and I would pay a penalty fee for leaving a contract early. Were they lying about that as well?

Must've spent a good half an hour just trying to leave but kept getting told about this wonderful new deal they would promise me before dropping the bombshell that you can only cancel on one exact day. 

"Your contract will end 30 days after you’ve told us you’re leaving. You’ll be billed as normal up to the date we disconnect your number – so don’t cancel any payments until then." but you cannot tell them you're leaving until 30 days from the end of your contract.

That's right, but it's not the whole story.  A PAC will trigger a cancellation when it is used,  not when it is issued to you.     A cancellation fee will be charged if an account is closed before the current contract it has run its full term, but not afterwards.  So, if my contract finishes on e.g. 15th February, I will be charged a cancellation fee if my new service provider uses my PAC to transfer my number on 10th February but not if I wait until February 20th before I take out a new deal with someone else.  Hope that clears up any confusion !

Anyway, the usual method of closing a mobile phone account is to use a PAC. Giving notice is only necessary if you wish to terminate your service and give up your number - most people don't usually want to do that.

Caveat - a PAC is only valid for 30 days from date of issue, after that time it lapses. So if you ask for a PAC and then decide not to use it within the 30 days then your old contract will continue to run until such a time as you terminate it, either by asking for and using another PAC or by giving notice.

After you have left Vodafone it takes a little while to finally settle your account.  You should receive a "sorry you are leaving" letter from VF, then a bill for any outstanding charges from the date of your last monthly bill up to the date of termination, and then the following month you should receive through the post a bill for £0:00.  Be sure that you keep that final, "zero" bill, because that is your proof that the account is now fully closed and you don't owe Vodafone any money.  Also, DO NOT cancel your direct debit until the "zero" bill has been received - this will ensure you do not get any defaults entered on your credit record !!

Best of luck with whatever you do decide to do in the end  !

View solution in original position

14 REPLIES 14

Hey Josh, different subject altogether but do you know when Vodafone get their stock of iPhone 6 in?

I was locked out of my online Vodafone account and then on the 10th February there was an order for a flexible upgrade that I didn’t make - I then spoke to customer services and they told me they would not remove the charges and I never even received the order - I then asked for a copy of the call on the 14th January (when I first bought the issue up) and they would not give me it or listen to the recording! I am very unhappy with the service I have been given since I took the contract out on the 25th June 2018

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@DANBOY102 Are you able to access the online account now? I'm sorry to hear there's been a mix up with an order you didn't request, when calling did you raise this with us for investigation? Were we able to provide the address this was delivered to? 

Jamiebinns
1: Seeker

I have never been treated so badly by a company ever. After making me wait for 3 weeks for my upgrade and spending every day on the phone chasing voda ad dpd im now being told i wont be receiving my phone for another 8 weeks. They have taken 600 from my account ans wont cancel the order. Now i want to shut my account and they wont let mw do that u leas i pay. 900. Spent days waiting for customer service attaxkes todays pic i waited over 4 and a half hours to speak to someone then the call was droppped. Disgraceful 

A0DF5121-F893-470F-A158-6935E430C187.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sorry to hear of your experience here @Jamiebinns, this isn't what we expect for our customers.  So that we can look into this for you, I'd recommend contacting our Social Media team here, they'll be able to look over your account and assist you further.